Brewer Fanatic

Defining moments in Wisconsin sports

NeedMoreFans

No UW moments in there? This is the "Badger State," isn't it?

I would argue that the "Bevell Run" is the perfect "moment" to capture the rise from mediocrity for all Badger sports in the early-mid 90s.

That said, Hunt's choices aren't bad at all. That must've been a fun list to make.

You could certainly argue that the 1982 ALCS has been (for better or worse) the defining moment to date of the Brewers franchise. But I understand Hunt's choice of baseball moment.

I also like the choice of Favre moment. As many of you know, my NFL fandom is extremely casual, but I gasped aloud in 1997 when that play was completed, and got a little misty watching Brett joyfully run off the field.

I think I'd have made room for a Badger moment - probably Bevell's run. The significance of that Rose Bowl victory for UW athletics was off the charts. But I imagine a JS writer is about as likely to favor the Bucks and Warriors over the Badgers as a Madison writer is to do the opposite.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

But I imagine a JS writer is about as likely to favor the Bucks and Warriors over the Badgers as a Madison writer is to do the opposite.
tell that to marquette folks. they seem to think the the local writers lean more toward the badgers...especially in hoops.

i dont see a badger moment making it until they win a football or basketball national championship.

"74 Razor!"

http://shopping.officialbrettfavre.com/i/56845df68055/pf/810-9.jpg

After this play, in my 14-y-o mind, I thought we were going to win this game 65-0. I still have this Super Bowl taped on VHS. Definitely have to upgrade it to DVD... that audible still gives me goosebumps.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Images/BrettFavreSB.jpg

EDIT: had to post this first, then peek. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Great CNN/SI recap of that game...

and a local take.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I wish Heiden could make a list like that. I wasn't old enough to remember the Olympics but what he did is still unfathomable to me. If it weren't for the Miracle on Ice, his performance might've been called that.

Tough to argue with the top 5, although, so many things are jumbled in my head, I wonder what might be #6-10.

Badgers beating Arizona and going to the final 4?

http://www2.jsonline.com/badger/image/2000/kell325.jpg

D-Wade carrying Marquette there?

The '82 team clinching? (Ogilvie's catch?)

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

They all involve winning a championship. Kind of hard to justify having the '82 Brewers anywhere in there besides #6 at the highest.
Are you saying that it's hard to justify the Brewer's higher than 6 because it wasn't a championship? (Actually it was - the American League Championship, same as the Braves clinching the NL championship). Or, are you just saying Aaron's HR seems to be more dramatic that Cooper's single? Probably...however, one was during the season, the other was the 5th and final game of a series.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Badgers beating Arizona and going to the final 4?
these were two different moments. there really wasnt a "defining moment" during the FF run in 2000.

the whole thing was pretty darn cool though. mothing beat dick bennett slurring through a speech and duany duany rapping at camp randall when they arrived home. i swear the entire place (fans, players, etc) was drunk

Archived