Brewer Fanatic

8/1/07 Mets (Perez) @ Brewers (Vargas): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22

Just think about next year guys. Sheets, Yo and Parra as a 1-3. Small sample sizes be damned...Yo and Parra will be mowing some guys down...

Edit - Oh yeah, duh. I forgot Carlos V. Wow, 3 very young and very good pitchers could be in the rotation next year. I'm guessing we can add a couple of high-quality players for Bush, CV or Cappy. Good things ahead (and this year is not a waste...yet)

@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm with you brewerdude. I saw Vargas vs. Perez as the match-up and thought... 'Man thats going to be a tough one to get'

Lets get the series on Thursday. Cappy has been improving and thrown nothng but quality starts since the break. Keep that up and get the guy a much needed victory.

I"m guessing Parra is going to replace Villanueva in the 'pen next season, with a rotation of Sheets, Gallardo, Villanueva, Suppan, Bush. Or something along those lines. I still stick to my belief t hat Capuano and/or Vargas will be dealt in the offseason.

I just got back from the game and Parra looked pretty good IMHO. I'd like to see him get some more starts. Suppan can go to the bullpen for all I care. I like the guy as a starter and he does not give up a lot of fly balls, and will strike out a lot of batters. Ok; he gave up a dinger to Shawn Greene that landed -outside- of Miller Park, but other than that, he was awfully good. This is not the only time he's looked good either and instead of nursing him along and treating him like glass I think we wheel him out there and let him throw.
-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

just got back myself, I enjoyed Parra's pitching as well, he seems to get that if you throw strikes, you will be effective. Nice to see Dillon come through in a pressure situation, should be a good moment for him. I don't think that Green homerun *landed* outside the stadium, but it may have bounced out there, it looked like from sec 427 that it bounced right behind the "best-worst seats in the house" couch

I too just got back from the game. Vargas didn't have anyting from the start. Parra was awesome, minus the green blast. He was tops at 95 I think I saw. I thought for sure we were going to roll them and really knock perez out early. I hate that guy

I am still stewing over how much I don't like Vargas right now. Too bad the Melvin couldn't unload him prior to the deadline while he still had some value.

Walk the leadoff hitter and give up a three-run homer, shame on Claudio. One more hit, walk the next batter and then give up another three-run homer shame on Ned. Damn you Claudio, all you had to do was walk another hitter. Instead you tease Ned by striking out a batter. And damn you Braun, for all you had to do was not be so spectacular on that play for the second out and we would have been saved from the 2nd fatal home run. And most of all, damn you offense for not getting anything else done after the second inning. I hate losses, especially when I think we should have won.

Vargas looked burnt out from the 8 inning start in St. Louis from the start. Oliver Perez has some pretty nasty stuff when he settles down, and he settled down after the first couple innings...not much to be ashamed of there. The Mets have the best record in the NL and are a bona fide pennant contender...losing a game to them isn't the end of the world. Sure, the timing of the loss stinks when it's paired with a Cubs win, but as a team the Brewers should just focus on taking care of business themselves.

Hopefully Cappy comes out with a strong performance tomorrow and the Brewers can pick up a series win. It was nice to see Prince go deep tonight...hopefully he starts heating up soon.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I just found it very frustrating that Vargas gave up a 4 RBI and a HR to Marlon Anderson. We seem to give up alot of guys' first homers of the year (excluding guys that hit them the first few weeks of the year, of course) and/or their ONLY homer of the year.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

The Anderson home run was definitely frustrating, especially after Ned went to the mound and asked Vargas if he was alright. Claudio said he was, then served up the home run...it was pretty clear that something wasn't right and he refused to admit it. I'm pretty sure denying injury isn't a good way to get on Ned's good side...just ask Rickie Weeks how that turned out.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Figured I'd comment. Anyone else notice Dillion hovering around Yost all day with his eyes super wide, almost bug eyed. Is that his normal look? And he had a very nice AB, keeps that up he might earn a spot.

And Para looked very very good, our pitching future looks bright.

Archived