Brewer Fanatic

8/1/07 Mets (Perez) @ Brewers (Vargas): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tonight, I don't think the lack of runs after the first couple innings is as much a product of the Brewers' bad hitting as it is Perez finding his "A" stuff. He had no command in at the beginning of the game, which, combined with a couple errors, led to 5 runs. It's not like the Brewers were hitting him absolutely silly. Since then, he has been fantastic.

That said, I would love a few more runs. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

We are in a playoff race. In a playoff race, you use your best players to get in a position to win. Parra, so far, has been better than at least 3 of our starters. Therefore, he should start, now.

I agree... especially with Sheets out.. Gallardo, Parra, Suppan, Capuano and Bush should be enough to get the Brewers through August and then hopefully Sheets can take the ball in September when they have to shut Yo and Manny down...

They have proven with the bullpen and Weeks that performance counts so I can't see how they can live with Vargas nibbling and chewing up the bullpen much longer.

Bobskube, I don't know whether to laugh or cry at your avatar. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Thanks Hawing. I officially lost it after Turnbow blew another on Sunday. TBow is the ultimate "tease."

I love how the ESPN announcers are amazed at how long Parra has pitched, as if they don't realize he's naturally a starter.

"ZOMG! Parra has pitched over SIX whole innings!111!!!1!!"

EDIT: Please win, Phillies. kthx.

Manny Parra looks like the real deal. I'm surprised Vargas hasn't had more starts this year like the one tonight. Frustrating to watch the Brewers offense get shut down again after scoring early. This may not be our year, but it sure looks bright for the future with the young infielders and Parra, CVillanueava and Yoga.

I love how the ESPN announcers are amazed at how long Parra has pitched, as if they don't realize he's naturally a starter.
I am just happy Brewers games are finally back on ESPN for us in Minnesota it is blessing even if Steve Phillips is announcing.

I am just happy Brewers games are finally back on ESPN for us in Minnesota it is blessing even if Steve Phillips is announcing.

I hear ya. I'm in Atlanta, so I feel the same way. I did just notice that Phillips acknowledged that Parra is a starter.

Quite frankly, Steve Phillips has been better than Shroeder today and he is not even our local guy.

Schroeder is a stubborn buffoon that gets to stay on because the fans developed a love for him during the tough times.

Yeah. Vargas=Victor Santos. The difference is that this year's team has scored more runs and made his record loo better. Too bad DM couldn't trade him while he still appears valuable. I have a feeling his value will plummet, soon.

well, tonight was very disappointing, but i am a Brewer fan who doesn't panic. I pray that the Phillies win tonight, so we can still keep our slim lead. I think that if we win tomorrow, then this is a successful series. We're playing a tough Mets team, and we're lucky that Beltran is out. I also think that Parra's performance tonight, and Yo's performance the other night really showed good things for this team's future. If Cappy and Suppan get their stuff together, and pull their heads out (i say this knowing that Cappy had a very good outing a little while ago) then this team could go on a run. This team, some people don't realize, is very young, and maybe some of the guys are getting tired...oh well. We still have 2 months left to play, and that's plenty of time to breakaway from those scrubs. If you guys would take a look....we have a VERY favorable schedule in early September. For the first 3 weeks, we ONLY play the Reds, Astros, and Pirates (2 series vs. each -- 1 on road, 1 at home). That part of the schedule really brightens things up. If we can figure out our problems, things will be fine. So please, guys, DON'T PANIC!

Archived