1/4 C Paprika

1 T Brown Sugar

2 t Cayenne Pepper

2 t Cinnamon

2 t Mustard Powder

1 t Garlic Powder

1 t Onion Powder

1 t Salt

Now the Spicy isn't really hot, more pungent. Think the background spice on really good fried chicken. To up the heat on either just add in cayenne pepper. Keep in mind that brown sugar and paprika will burn easily so only for indirect grilling. I use the first one often for baby back ribs and both on chicken.

Funny - I was just going to post a thread looking for a good rub for...

Rub some seasoning salt on a chicken, open a can of beer, put the can in its butt, then grill it.

Beer-butt chicken!!!

And then endaround with the rub mix - outstanding!

A great marinade for steak is Lawry's Mesquite marinade - you can get it at any grocery store. Lawry's seasoned salt first, let it absorb for a couple of hours, then marinade in the mesquite mix overnight. Yummy! (Another trick - for less tender cuts of meat I take a fork and poke holes on both sides of the steak before salting/marinading, helps absorb into the meat as well as tenderize it.)

Oh, and I definitely second the notion to pin this thread for the summer.

I'm trying this recipe this weekend and was wondering if I could get some ratios with the worchestire, mustard, and BBQ sauce. Also I was wondering if "Al's rub" is really important and what the "few of your other favorites are." Otherwise I'll probably just use garlic powder sinhce I'm not sure what the other seasoning's are.

I never measure, but I'd say 1 part WS, 1 part mustard, and 3 parts BBQ.

No, the rub specifics are not important, mine has brown sugar, garlic powder, black pepper, rotissiere chicken seasoning, and probably 2-3 others in it in smaller amounts. By far, garlic is 1st, then the rotissiere chicken seasoning, then all the rest.

For the really big garlic fans out there that might want an easy/quick marinade, my daughter and others who have tasted it for steak, Kikoman makes a marinade called roasted garlic terriyaki.

When i grill steaks, i soak my daughters steak in that marinade and then just put some all spice on it and she loves the taste and it also makes it more tender. I'm not a huge fan of strong garlic taste so i don't use it, but when i've marinaded steaks for other people in that, everyone has liked it a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

1/3 cup Lemon juice

1/4 cup Olive oil

1Tbs Dijon Mustard

2 large garlic cloves, chop fine

2Tbs Bell peper, chop fine

1tsp salt

1/4 tsp black peper

Chicken marinade. Marinate for at least 20 min and then brush on as you grill. I found the marinade on allrecipes.com. Tried it today and it was really good.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Thanks Dadofandrew. I didn't get the Worchestire sauce in time so I'm going to have to try it next sunday. This Sunday I whipped up my own marinade spur of the moment. It was 1/2 Pickle Juice, 1/2 Budweiser, then put in Tobasco sauce and Cayne Pepper. I would not try it. The chicken just ends up just tasting like chicken with pickle juice. I'll have to let you know how yours turns out next week DoA.

1. Rwa12's chicken marinade (1 part white wine:1 part Soy Sauce: Some Sesame seed oil-the more the better)

2. My own chicken marinade (1 part pickle juice:1 part beer:Tobasco:Red Canye pepper) No Bueno

• 2 weeks later...

Well I tried your marinade today dadofandrew. It was very good. It had a real nice flavor and was not overpowering. I enjoyed it with a nice Summer Shandy. That is one I'll have to try again and I need to put more mustard in it next time I think. I also didn't have the ckicken rub, but it was still excellent without it. I was hoping somebody has a new marinade to make. I'm going to the game this Sunday, but will need another one to try for two weeks from now. I'll probably make Rwa12'a and dadofandrew's again sometime this week since I have everything around the house now. Thanks for the sweet recipes.

1. Rwa12's chicken marinade (1 part white wine:1 part Soy Sauce: Some Sesame seed oil-the more the better)

2. My own chicken marinade (1 part pickle juice:1 part beer:Tobasco:Red Canye pepper) No Bueno

3. dadofandrew's chicken marinade (1 part Worchestire:1 part mustard:3 parts BBQ:Garlic Powder:Brown Sugar)

My wife and I had grilled shrimp on Friday night, and all she did was throw some Carribean Jerk seasoning on the shrimp, a little olive oil, and WOW were they good! Also, for BBQ sauce, and I'm excited about trying it, Sprecher has a BBQ sauce, and we were able to find it here in Texas! Yay!

I have been adding some honey to my marinade, solely because we have a bottle of it that we never use (get rid of your cough, heh).

The key is to break down the meat so that it tenderizes. My pork was so tender, I could easily cut it with a fork. Sure, it adds flavors as well, but that's icing on the cake.

• 3 weeks later...
Well I hope everybody's grilling went well this weekend. Mine not so much. I was a little inattentive and burned brats today. I guess I will have to try again tomorrow.

I blame Wang.

I'm looking for tips on grilling portabello mushrooms. I tried it this weekend. I drizzled olive oil over them and put on season salt and garlic. So does anybody have any tips on how to make shroom burgers? I know the Great Dane serves a shroom burger. I was thinking about expanding my grilling knowledge in case Prince Fielder ever stops by.

My book says to cut off the stems, sponge them off, and drizzle them with olive oil. Cook about 3 minutes per side. I've never had 'em, so I know nothing from personal experience.

It also suggests cutting into them and stuffing garlic and other stuff in the bottom, saving some in case it falls out.

i haven`t seen this mentioned yet....the marinade i`ve been using is the store bought KC masterpiece garlic and herb. this stuff rocks. just soak the meat (chicken or steaks) for 24+ hours and cook.

I just got done with my freshly-grilled NY strip & asparagus. I totally shocked myself by cooking both very well. I found grilling asparagus to be rather easy... to me. In any event, both were awesome. Just drizzled about a Tbsp. of olive oil over the asparagus, then lightly salted & peppered.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I just got done with my freshly-grilled NY strip & asparagus. I totally shocked myself by cooking both very well. I found grilling asparagus to be rather easy... to me. In any event, both were awesome. Just drizzled about a Tbsp. of olive oil over the asparagus, then lightly salted & peppered.

What works really well with asparagus is to wrap them in bacon and then put them on the grill. The bacon keeps the asparagus together and adds a bunch of flavor. We did that last week.

That sounds delicious. Bacon is incredibly versatile & useful when it comes to cooking. One of my favorite dishes at the restaurant I used to work in was turkey mignon (smallish round cuts of turkey wrapped with a slice of bacon). Words simply cannot do justice to how delcious that was/is.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Thanks DadofAndrew. I tried olive oil on them and they were pretty good. I think I do need to use more garlic also.

This past Sunday I tried a new marinade that was really delicious. It was 1 part cranberry:1 part Chili Sauce: Lemon Juice: Brown Sugar. It was suppose to be used on meatballs and you cook them up in a crock pot. I used it on chicken and it was really good with a unique flavor from other marinades I've been having. I'm looking for a new marinade if anyone has any suggestions. I'm particularily looking for ones with a unique base from what I've had already.

3. dadofandrew's chicken marinade (1 part Worchestire:1 part mustard:3 parts BBQ:Garlic Powder:Brown Sugar)

4. Rosebud's meatball marinade on chicken (1 part Cranberry sauce:1 part Chili Sauce:Lemon Juice:Brown Sugar)

Time for a Miller wrote:

This past Sunday I tried a new marinade that was really delicious. It was 1 part cranberry:1 part Chili Sauce: Lemon Juice: Brown Sugar. It was suppose to be used on meatballs and you cook them up in a crock pot. I used it on chicken and it was really good with a unique flavor from other marinades I've been having. I'm looking for a new marinade if anyone has any suggestions. I'm particularily looking for ones with a unique base from what I've had already.

I still liked the Teriaki sauce and orange juice marinade better.

1/3 cup Teriaki sauce

1/3 cup concentrated orange juice

I blame Wang.

I just got an early Father's Day present:

I got a Weber Performer Charcoal Grill! This puppy is sweet!

http://www.weber.com/bbq/img/performer_hero.jpg

http://www.weber.com/bbq/img/features_HL.jpg
http://www.weber.com/bbq/img/cooksystem_HL.jpg
  • 22.5 inch porcelain-enameled bowl and lid
  • 2 Char-Basket™ charcoal fuel holders
  • Heavy-duty plated steel hinged cooking grate
  • Touch-N-Go™ gas ignition system
  • Dual-purpose thermometer
http://www.weber.com/bbq/img/constr_HL.jpg
  • Tuck-Away™ lid holder
  • Weather-protected CharBin™ storage container
  • Thermoset work table
  • 1 Glass-reinforced nylon handle
  • 2 Crackproof all-weather wheels
  • 2 Locking casters
  • Heavy-duty steel cart frame
  • Wire bottom shelf
  • Factory assembled stainless steel One-Touch™ cleaning system with a removable black aluminum ash catcher
  • No rust aluminum vent
  • 3 Tool holders
  • Uses 14.1 oz. or 16 oz. disposable propane bottles (which are good for up to twelve 10-minute ignitions) - tank not included
http://www.weber.com/bbq/img/cool_HL.jpg http://www.weber.com/bbq/img/dimensions_HL.jpg
  • Height: 40 inches
  • Width R-L: 50.25 inches
  • Depth: 28.5 inches

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Archived