Brewer Fanatic

Televised Spring Training Games

OOOverbay

I have two questions:

1. Which two Spring Training games is FSN showing on t.v?

2. If I buy the MLBtv package now will I get to see all the Brewers spring training games or will they be blacked out in Milwaukee? (I'm going to buy it anyways since it was fun to watch the Cubs games toward the end of the year, but I'm just wondering.)

I actually made a post about this a few weeks ago. Not much new to add to what has already been mentioned, but here it is.

The Brewers have come out with their TV schedule and they are going to televise 3 spring training games. I believe this has already been mentioned, but they are:
Friday, March 14th at 9:05 CT
Sunday, March 16th 3:05 CT
Monday, March 24th 3:05 CT

For those of you like myself who live outside Wisconsin and have a satellite dish, I don't recall if they showed the spring training games last year.

In addition, the Brewer games are going to be televised by other teams.
Monday, March 10th 3:05 CT CSN Chicago
Monday, March 17th 3:05 CT CSN Chicago
Thursday, March 27th 3:05 CT WGN

I believe anyone who has a dish and also has the sports package can get CSN Chicago. In addition, I think anyone who has the MLB.TV games package can get these games, unless you live in the market area. There are still a few teams that haven't listed their TV games yet, so there could potentially be more.

Add in the FSN Kansas City game on March 20th. I haven't checked my DirecTV guide to see if that is one of the sports channels they carry.

Also, the March 5th game is going to be on MLB.TV at 2:05 CT vs Texas.

2 Questions: If I get the MLB.tv package, will I be able to watch the daytime Brewer games later in the evening, since I'll be at work during the day?

2nd question....will I be able to get the package only for the ST games and end it come April?

Well assuming policy has stayed the same from last year the answer to your first question is yes, sort of. If you are in the blackout area (all of Wisconsin is) you can never watch any Brewers games on MLB.TV. If you aren't sure I know that you can type in your zip on MLB.TV to confirm that you are or arent in the blackout area. However, you can watch games that have already been played at anytime during the season though I think that there is some downtime between when the game ends and when it is archived. So, don't expect that if the game ends at 4:30 that you can watch it at 5.

You can get monthly passes to MLB.TV. So you can just get it for March. I am not sure if you can cancel the season pass or the monthly pass half way through and get your money back. I also think that if you don't cancel your monthly pass that it gets renewed automatically the next month. Don't quote me on that.

Archived