Brewer Fanatic

2/28/08 Cactus League Action Brewers (Vargas) vs Athletics (Blanton) 2:05 CST

lcbj68c
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Our bullpen blew how many small leads last year and we threw out guys like Aquino, Spurling, and Dessens, when we could have had Chris Narveson giving us 2 scoreless innings all year and leading us to the playoffs??

He knows how to win.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

That is the most bizarre career path I've ever seen.

Started out in Rookie Ball, then went to A, then High A. Then back to Rookie Ball, then A again, then High A again. Up to AA for 2 years. Up to AAA for a year. Back down to High A. Up to AAA again. A few days in MLB. Back down to High A. Back up to AAA. Non-roster invite.

For all of those that didn't know George Webbs is doing to the six for five burger deal during the spring training games as well...

As most Milwaukee Brewers' fans know, George Webb has had a promotion for several years in which customers can buy six hamburgers for $5 each time the Brewers score five or more runs during a game.

This year, George Webb is expanding the promotion to spring training games. The first spring-training game is this coming Thursday in Arizona.

George Webb continues to promise free hamburgers when the Brewers win 12 games in a row. That came true on Easter Sunday, April 19, 1987, and George Webb kept its promise. On April 22 of that year, the restaurant chain served 168,194 hamburgers.

We are doing that thing again where we score a lot early and then stop scoring. New year, same old Brewers.

. . . at least I know my sarcasm isn't rusty! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

George Webb continues to promise free hamburgers when the Brewers win 12 games in a row. That came true on Easter Sunday, April 19, 1987, and George Webb kept its promise. On April 22 of that year, the restaurant chain served 168,194 hamburgers.

If this happens again, I'm getting a burger and freezing it for posterity. I heard some people did that with their '87 burgers.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Narveson was a high draft pick and former top prospect in the Cardinals org, one of the better lefty prospects around at one time (maybe '02 or so?). He had serious injury problems within a year or two of being drafted, though, and has bounced around quite a bit since then, leading to the peculiar look to the back of his baseball card....

Archived