1B Prince Fielder

LF Ryan Braun

RF Corey Hart

3B Bill Hall

SS J.J. Hardy

DH Gabe Gross

C Jason Kendall

SP Claudio Vargas (not batting)

I really think cameron strikes out too much to be in the #2 spot. I don't like braun batting behind prince. Id flip jj and cameron and braun and prince. of course we have no idea if this is what he is thinking for once the season starts.

Milwaukee Brewers (0-0)
2B Rickie Weeks
CF Mike Cameron
1B Prince Fielder
LF Ryan Braun
RF Corey Hart
3B Bill Hall
SS J.J. Hardy
DH Gabe Gross
C Jason Kendall
SP Claudio Vargas (not batting)

I really think cameron strikes out too much to be in the #2 spot. I don't like braun batting behind prince. Id flip jj and cameron and braun and prince. of course we have no idea if this is what he is thinking for once the season starts.

Agreed, Braun in front of Fielder was a better combo last season. Also Cameron and Hardy should be flopped.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Hardy is the Brewers 7th best hitter and Cameron has better on base skills, don't know why you'd flip them
very negligible. last season hardy had a .323 obp and cameron and a .328. For OPS, Hardy was .786, Cameron was 759. I really like Mike in the 7 spot and JJ in the 2nd. it feels 10 degrees warmer just having our first ned yost lineup discussion of the season..http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

also i remember earlier this year ned saying he wanted to bat braun 4th to allow him to get more steals. i think its just plain stupid. He tried this experiment last season and it bombed. Maybe he will play it both ways during the spring to see what works better, who knows though.

Community Moderator

Anyone else subconsciously hoping for Vargas to get crushed today so we don't have to worry about him competing for the rotation?

Happy first day of baseball, everyone. I saw a few people in Brewers gear today which got me pumped!

Stevo[/b]]Oh man. I don't think BF could have handled a Branyan start on the first spring training game.

I know! All of the immature conversation that would follow would really jeopardise the integrity of this fine website...

@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

Archived