Brewer Fanatic

Listening to Spring Training Games (Merged with Brewers Spring Training Radio Broadcasts)

bthurley19

In the past there has been confusion whether or not the spring training webcasts would be free or not and with the first spring training game less than 3 days away, it would be great if someone could clear this up. I can't find anything concrete from the Brewers.

(added tag --1992)

Welcome, ewizabeff!

The confusion has always been because the games require a subscription which technically runs from Opening Day through the following March. First-time subscribers get Spring Training tacked on 'for free', so they'll get two Spring Trainings on their first subscription.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Casey, that's where I got confused because I remember last year it worked for free for me but that was due to having the gameday audio from the previous year and having it run through spring training. I ended up getting gameday audio again last year so I could listen to Bob and Jim in St. Paul and mlb.com sent me a renewal email early in February for this year, which I canceled because I'm living back in Wisconsin. I checked to see if my subscription still works by accessing the audio archive of the World Series and it asked me to login and sure enough it still works. So if you had gameday audio last year or are purchasing it this year, the spring training games will be available "for free".

Anyone know when the flagship will be done there broadcasting games? I remember the last couple years, they didn't do any until the last week of ST. Anyone have a schedule or know if AM 620 will cover earlier?

Austin 5:29

Life never slows down, so always make it exciting #moveit

not off the top of my head, but I do believe that all weekend games will be broadcast on WTMJ 620. I think there are a handful of other games during the week towards the end of spring training, but don't quote me on that.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived