Brewer Fanatic

Ervin Santana?

Yeah Ervin Santana is a name I wouldn't want to touch. If the Brewers were "rebuilding" a Sheets for Santana and Mathis deal might make sense but, the Brewers are contendors and should act accordingly.

Cappy or Bush and prospects wouldn't get any deal done becaue the Angels have better internal options.

Santana is just scary how his home stats are amazing and his road stats are abysmal.

Well in 281 IP @ home he has a 3.14/1.18 line so I would really like the crew to try to get this guy if they could "buy low" on him. His road line is atrocoius (7.14/1.64) but he's young and with the ability he has shown at home he "has" to figure it out someday and become a solid consistent MLB starter.

With K. Escobar out till May, the Angels may want to go after an established name. Would it take Sheets to get him or could Capuano/Plus seal anything?

Why would they trade a good young starter when they're in need of a starter. That wouldn't seem to help them out at all. Santana's a good young pitcher. I don't see the reason you'd move him for Capuano, a worse pitcher. From our perspective, hell yea. I'd trade Capuano+a guy like Escobar for Santana in a heartbeat.

With K. Escobar out till May, the Angels may want to go after an established name. Would it take Sheets to get him or could Capuano/Plus seal anything?

Why would they trade a good young starter when they're in need of a starter. That wouldn't seem to help them out at all. Santana's a good young pitcher. I don't see the reason you'd move him for Capuano, a worse pitcher. From our perspective, hell yea. I'd trade Capuano+a guy like Escobar for Santana in a heartbeat.

I guess it depends on if the Angels feel as though the enourmous splits that come from Santana are so problematic that he should not be in line for a spot in the roatation. It ALSO depends on if they feel as though Capuano is closer to the All-Star form from a couple years ago as opposed to last years version which admittidly wasn't top of the rotation material.

Also, I originally said Sheets and I think the Angels would be more than interested in him. If Capuano would be packaged I am sure the package would have to include a prospect that is worth a decent deal.

Archived