Brewer Fanatic

The official Why I like Mark Attanasio thread

brewizard
I like him because he is who he is. Plays hard and gives 110%. Leaves it all in the owners box. He's a scrappy owner who doesn't try to do so much out there. He's a battler and he's gritty. Knows his way around the books but recognizes that it's a team effort.

He seems like a good guy. Sure the Brewers are a business to him, but it's also his hobby. He knows that if you improve your product then you'll be able to sell more of it. He also knows that people like us will pay whatever he charges.

I see what you're saying to a certain extent, but I think the fact that he stays out of DM's way (or so it appears) makes it more of a business. Does he like baseball? I'm sure he does, but I think part of his drive is turning around what has been a terrible franchise of late AND making money out of it. That's pretty impressive.

I think Mark wants to make money w/o question and he realizes that by putting a wiining Product on the Field he will go a long way of getting to that Goal. I expect him to get a really sweet TV deal once the curent one Expires

The bottom line he raised the team payroll and looks to spend the money to add players and the most promsing

that he wants to keep his young core intact.

link please

edit: nevermind. It looks like that is old news, he resigned as a member of the board back in 2002. The MLB board allowed him to become an owner after that, and that is good enough for me.

edit 2: He obviously made money in many other ventures than just that one. If he truly was looked at as a dirty businessman, who in their right mind would allow him to keep getting in big deals? This is a non-issue as far as I'm concerned.

Archived