Brewer Fanatic

first road trip to Miller Park from the left coast

polwonks

One or 2 questions for hometown Brewers fans:

1. If I don't rent a car and bus into DT from Mitchell for a hotel, what's the situation with public trans from DT to the ballpark? How regular is the service each way? And how long does it take before and after the game between DT and the Park?

2.And if I stay for a Sunday game that starts at 1, would I be able to bus back DT and then catch a bus to Mitchell for a 7:25PM flight out? Seems like it should be enough time, but I'd rather not be stressin' during the game. Not like I'd leave early or anything...

Thanks for your help

Oregon Brewers Fan

I'd plan on just taking a cab to and from the park from Downtown. It will take a half hour to 45 minutes TOPS with traffic to and from the game.

You'll have plenty of time to make it back to Mitchell by 6, which would be plenty of advance time to catch your flight home. Just make sure to do the obvious things like packing your bags at the hotel before you go to the game in case you run in to an emergency situation. If things go wrong, depending on where you are flying in to out of Milwaukee, (PDX?) You will likely have later flights that they can put you on.

Check this out for bus info. Miller Park info will be updated in the spring.

http://www.ridemcts.com/seasonal_services/index.asp?id=802

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

I have taken the bus to Miller Park and it is great. A cab from downtown would set you back at least $25, the bus is $2 (college student talking here). It runs frequently enough for it not to be an issue catching one and getting to the game on time. As far as option #2 you can take Bus Route #80 from downtown. It will probably take you about a half hour from downtown to General Mitchell. You would have to be on the bus by 5:30 or 6 pm, which should be do-able for sure. If you leave the game by 4:30 you get back to your hotel by 5 pm and pick up your bags and go. Like someone else said just pack everything up and have the hotel hold your bags. Hope your trip is great! If you need any ideas for places to see, eat at or anything else PM me.

In addition to the Miller Park route, route 10 goes from downtown to near the park, but it is a bit of a walk down to the valley. However, that walk takes you past all the bars on Bluemound. You could leave early, stop for a beer at Long Wongs, take their bus the last little clip or walk the last half mile or so. You could then take the shuttle after the game back to your hotel.

Milwaukee is a fairly easy town to get around in, especially on Sunday. You shouldn't have a problem at all.

Also, there are a number of downtown bars that offer free shuttle busses to the games. Google around, but off the top of my head, I think BBC and Hooligans on North Ave do. And some of the bars on Water St. do too. I'm not sure if it's every game or just weekends or what, but that might be a good option for you. If you're not tailgating, you might as well get a pitcher and a burger at Hooligans.

Archived