Brewer Fanatic

BPro on Will Inman

Ennder

BPro did their top 11 prospects for the padres.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=7162

Inman came in at number 8 as a 3 star prospect. Garrison missed the top 11 and is listed as a 2 star prospect.

I hope that quote isn't too long to include but it was a long article so I think it is ok. I know a lot of people still think it was a huge mistake to trade him but it just seems like everything points at him being a Capuano/Bush type of guy and not some star.

EDIT: Removed privileged content - b19

BPro did their top 11 prospects for the padres.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=7162

Inman came in at number 8 as a 3 star prospect. Garrison missed the top 11 and is listed as a 2 star prospect.

I hope that quote isn't too long to include but it was a long article so I think it is ok. I know a lot of people still think it was a huge mistake to trade him but it just seems like everything points at him being a Capuano/Bush type of guy and not some star.

EDIT: Removed privileged content - b19

that's what happens to a guy with marginal stuff and good command once he advances towards the higher minor league levels. It also goes to show just how skewed we all tend to be when evaluating a team that we root for's prospects. His minor league numbers were outstanding, but I think every single organization has a few pitching prospects who get lost in the shuffle once they start facing more complete hitters.

that's what happens to a guy with marginal stuff and good command once he advances towards the higher minor league levels. It also goes to show just how skewed we all tend to be when evaluating a team that we root for's prospects. His minor league numbers were outstanding, but I think every single organization has a few pitching prospects who get lost in the shuffle once they start facing more complete hitters.

I don't think his stock has fallen at all, I just feel many had unrealistic expectations based on his stats in leagues where only a couple players ever see the major leagues. Add that to his size and lack of velocity, he is what he is...a nice prospect, but several steps below Yo, and probably a couple behind Carlos V.

He's a lot better than I am, but I sure don't see stardom.

I don't think his stock has fallen at all, I just feel many had unrealistic expectations based on his stats in leagues where only a couple players ever see the major leagues. Add that to his size and lack of velocity, he is what he is...a nice prospect, but several steps below Yo, and probably a couple behind Carlos V.

He's a lot better than I am, but I sure don't see stardom.

Hendrickson had a plus curveball that he couldn't locate. Think more along the lines of a homeless man's Greg Maddux.

Think more along the lines of Carlos Villy...who has to have perfect command and control to do well..... once he starts pitching more in the rotation you will see why CV was not a highly touted prospect at all.......

He has the ceiling of a 4/5 pitcher as well... and I see CV being the righty version of Cappy..

Will Inman will be decent if he can get out of the minors and actually get to pitch in that grand canyon called PETCO... but he is starting at Double A again this year because he did terrible there for the Brewers and the Pads last season.....

and Double A is where you really start to see if your pitching prospects can actually be succesfull

Hendrickson had a plus curveball that he couldn't locate. Think more along the lines of a homeless man's Greg Maddux.

Think more along the lines of Carlos Villy...who has to have perfect command and control to do well..... once he starts pitching more in the rotation you will see why CV was not a highly touted prospect at all.......

He has the ceiling of a 4/5 pitcher as well... and I see CV being the righty version of Cappy..

Will Inman will be decent if he can get out of the minors and actually get to pitch in that grand canyon called PETCO... but he is starting at Double A again this year because he did terrible there for the Brewers and the Pads last season.....

and Double A is where you really start to see if your pitching prospects can actually be succesfull

Except of course he only did terrible if you judge ERA. He had 82 Ks in 80 innings of work in AA compared to 35 BBs as a 20 year old. Pitchers have to have a good deal of talent to K hitters that much. Yes he has some control issues but only those focused on ERA think he did terriblely.

Except of course he only did terrible if you judge ERA. He had 82 Ks in 80 innings of work in AA compared to 35 BBs as a 20 year old. Pitchers have to have a good deal of talent to K hitters that much. Yes he has some control issues but only those focused on ERA think he did terriblely.

Inman's test is in the next two years to see if he can get AA and AAA batters. Yes he has more Ks than innings pitched last year while with two teams. What I look at him I see that batters are catching up to him. He allowd 106 baserunners in 80 innings last year. Walks are respectable but players are starting to hit his stuff and is only going to get tougher to get out up the ladder.

Inman's test is in the next two years to see if he can get AA and AAA batters. Yes he has more Ks than innings pitched last year while with two teams. What I look at him I see that batters are catching up to him. He allowd 106 baserunners in 80 innings last year. Walks are respectable but players are starting to hit his stuff and is only going to get tougher to get out up the ladder.

Archived