Brewer Fanatic

Talkin' Brewers - 2/23/08; Also, Yost Hints Gallardo Will Be Ready (WFAN)

Mass Haas

Link to last week's thread and archive:

http://forum.brewerfan.net/viewtopic.php?t=10853

This week's show is from 3:00 - 5:00 PM Central. Not sure if we'll locate an almost "immediate" archive for you again, but will link to it if we do -- Sports Bubbler's archive has been appearing after a few (sometimes several) days.

This week's tentative line-up looks sweet -- Jack Z. scheduled to open the show taking your calls (and your thanks http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif), then Rick Schlesinger, Yo Gallardo - nice!, and Ed Sedar (no doubt discussing Ryan Braun in the outfield). Maybe an additional surprise or two...

Listen live here on the 23rd

As always, your recaps and comments on the show welcome here...

Thought I'd throw this in here, as if you're in this thread, you're looking for an audio update anyway.

Ned Yost was on with Chris Russo of WFAN in New York this morning, and the archive is already available. Ned handles himself well in the national interviews where he's asked to speak in generalities, and he does so again here.

For me, the most interesting news was that Ned seems almost sure that Yovani Galardo will in fact be ready for the start of the season, listen in:

Archive located here

Oh, and I believe Jim Powell is still Wisconsin-bound until next week's show (and game).

All the comments I've read about Gallardo's injury is that there is no longterm worries about it unless he comes back too fast and alters his mechanics because of it. I'm not sure I'd be happy to see him ready for his first start.

Brewjihad, is that Jesus or Corey Hart in your avatar.

Oh, nevermind, same difference.

Actually its a Brian Shouse/Jesus combination, courtesy of the Unofficial Brian Shouse Fan Club. Some people with a little too much time on their hands photoshopped Shouse's head onto prominent historical figures.

And brewers19- words cannot express my gratitude for finding the audio.

why do i get the feeling this will turn into a Rickie Weeks / Chris Capuano situation with the Brewers eager to have him back in the lineup and Yost eager to declare him 100% healthy, and the fans eager to turn on him as a result.

Archived