Brewer Fanatic

7 Players with 20+ bombs?

LUKE232323

First question, do people think Cameron will hit 20+ in his 130 or so starts?

Second question, has a team ever had 7 guys with 20 or more HR on it? I think this years team could. Hardy is the only one that I'm iffy on, but I think Braun/Fielder/Weeks/Hall/Hart are locks.

I could easily see us have seven players with over 20.

weeks, cameron, hardy, hall, braun, fielder, hart, maybe dillon if he gets enough playing time

five with a solid shot at 30 weeks, hall, braun, fielder, hart.

Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

I could easily see us have seven players with over 20.

weeks, cameron, hardy, hall, braun, fielder, hart, maybe dillon if he gets enough playing time

five with a solid shot at 30 weeks, hall, braun, fielder, hart.

I don't think Dillon had any HR last year.

no dillon didn't have any after being called up, but had 20 in 319at bats in nashville though. he's a long shot, but i think he would have a shot if he gets the playing time, which would probably mean someone from my original 7 gets hurt
Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

I don't think Dillon had any HR last year.

He had some very nice pop in the minors. (39 HR back in 2004, 20+ in each of the last two seasons in under 100 games each).

That said, I don't think he'll hit 20 in the ~200-250 PA he should get.

I think Hardy is a better bet for 20 than Weeks myself. The guy has displayed 25 HR power since the start of the 2nd half of his rookie year. He was at a 20+ HR pace in the 2nd half of 2005, in his limited time in 2006 and of course in 2007.

I think Cameron is capable of 20 HR's in miller park even with the suspension but I won't be surprised at all if he doesn't hit 20.

If Dillon gets enough PT for 20 HR, it'll come at the expense of somebody else, which means the max of 20 HR players will probably be seven.
Exactly. I think in a full season he could hit 20 HR.

But since the only way he sees enough playing time would be replacing Hall, Hart or Braun because of injury - someone else would drop off.

Dillon might get 300 AB - but I can't imagine that being enough to hit 20 HR for him.

Yeah, if Dillon gets 20 HR in 300 AB, then he didn't get nearly enough playing time. I don't think he'll get 300 AB though, I think 150-200 is probably closer. Really, everyone in our lineup is capable of 25+ HR in a full season besides Kendall.

Just for my guesses -

Weeks - 28

Hardy - 20

Hall - 21

Hart - 27

Cameron - 16

Braun - 43

Prince - 52

Add in some by Gross and Dillon, a small handful from Kendall, Munson, and maybe a couple from a September call-up (Branyan??) and the pitchers, and we should have a great chance to beat the total put up last year. Sorry TGJ, I just don't see it. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I haven't heard anything conclusive that says Cameron will be batting 2nd this year, although it's one of the possibilities.

I'm not sure how moving up from 7th to 2nd in the lineup would result in less HR's, though, especially considering moving up that far in the lineup would probably result in 40 additional AB's throughout the season.

Nah, hitting is hitting. You try to square the ball and hit it hard. He takes lots of pitches anyway, judging from his pitches/PA, so it isn't like he would have to change his approach much. Add in he is moving to a home park that gives up more HR, and I don't see how he hits fewer.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Cameron had essentially even home/away power numbers last year, so I don't see the move to MP affecting him too much.

looking at his splits from last year, he hit 0 HRs with a runner on 1st and 9 HRs with RISP, so I would definitely expect a change in his approach if he hits in the 2 vs. 7 next year, moving Weeks to 2nd base vs. RBI opportunities.

Cameron had 1 HR per 28.8 AB at home last year, 1 per 25.72 on the road

Cameron had 1 HR per 25.19 AB at home in 2006, 1 per 25 away on the road

Keep in mind Miller Park has a HR factor of 116 for RH batters from 2005-2007. SD had a 92

Clorado a 123, Arizona a 107, LAD a 106, SF a 84

Cincy a 127, Hou a 119, Chi a 107, STL an 81, Pitt a 72.

If you wonder why we stuggled vs Pitt and STL it is because right handed power hitters really struggle in those parks. He has an advantage over last year in well over half his games.

GAME05 wrote:

looking at his splits from last year, he hit 0 HRs with a runner on 1st and 9 HRs with RISP, so I would definitely expect a change in his approach if he hits in the 2 vs. 7 next year, moving Weeks to 2nd base vs. RBI opportunities.

If we are going to get selective like that we can look at 2005-2006 when he hit 9 with a runner on 1B and 9 with RISP.

Over his entire career

RISP 1 HR/29.73 PA

1B only 1 HR/29.92 PA

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Archived