Brewer Fanatic

Sheffield calls Boras a "bad person"

jazzytrav

Link

On one hand, it's hard to listen to anything Gary Sheffield says. On the other, I hope Prince listens to him just this once.

From the article:

Sheffield said he will tell players to hire whom they want, but will share his experience as one of Boras' clients. "Total hell," he said. "I shouldn't have ever introduced myself to him. Period. Bad person."

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

I think boras is a very good agent. You don't see Sheffield having his yacht being repossed by any bank. You don't see Sheffield crying that he needs that 3 year $21 million to feed his family. You don't see Sheffield filing for bankruptcy like Vin Baker.. Boras got Sheffield a very nice contract. Boras did the job Sheffield paid him to do. I'd like to know the names of any boras client who isn't set for life?

Is sheffield planning on giving back any of that money he received ? Is Sheffield trying to talk his way into getting to do a cell phone commercial with Dwayne Wade? I'm sorry Sheff, there can only be one Sir Charles. Why does Sheff feel the need to speak? how many shoes can he fit in his mouth at one time? Has Sheff given his opinion about Clemens yet? Did I miss that episode of As the Sheff turns?

What Sheff said is that Boras is a bad person. If you know the person, you can say that. If all you know is what someone has done professionally, I think that is a separate criteria.

I'm sure everyone knows people who are great business people but not the best human beings and vice versa.

Alright, this is probably in bad taste, but I'll just say it anyway;

Concerns about Prince with 'Bad BAD Boras' basically stem to the fact that Boras is Prince's agent, and if Pricne listens to Sheffield and gets a new agent... well, it increases the chance Princes stays in Milwaukee.

Granted, it's probably very very wrong from Brewcrew2004's standpoint, but it looks like the closest possible rationale for that statement.

"Why does Sheff feel the need to speak?"

Why shouldn't he? Boras should work for his players best interest, and doesn't always do so. Sure, Gary is exaggerating, but that's what he does. He has much more of an informed opinion on Boras than any of us do. Why is Boras suing Gary, isn't Boras set for life?

Archived