Brewer Fanatic

Ramen Noodles

BrewCrewForever

I usually make 2 packs breaking up the noodles first then drain the noodles and use one pack of the spice. To make it a little creamier, I add a little bit of mayo and then a little siracha and soy sauce for good measure.

I used to boil the noodles, drain em, and then fry em in a little oil for a few minutes while mixing in seasoning and mixed veggies which would make them a little crunchy.

Theres a webpage thats got 100 ways to make ramen, but im too lazy to find the link right now

Weird. My girlfriend, my roomates and I all got an intense craving for Ramen today. We all have had times in our life where we ate Ramen 3-5 times a week but realized that none of us could remember eating it in the last two years. Copps had some extremly limited selection so we mixed up a couple of our own mixtures. Chili and Shrimp is one of my favorites. Chili and Creamy Chicken was ok as well.

We are all sitting around feeling like garbage now. Maybe 10 packages was too many.

I'm with Dhonks, I don't think I've ever had any ramen. I'm kind f intrigued by this thread though, maybe I'll pick up a few packages.

when I was in college, I lived on Hot Pockets, Tato Skins, Squirt, Kit Kats, Papa John's, and Domino's. Not very healthy, but I have few regrets! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

I ate a ton of them in college. They aren't all that bad, and I do have some in the house. It's hard to pass up something that goes on sale 10/$1.00. So I have some for a pinch or when we are a bit short on money that week.

Am I the only one that makes them in the microwave? When I was in the dorm, the closest stove we could use was 2 floors away, so we always just threw the noodles in some tupperware, cover the noodles with water (as little as possible), heated it for a minute or two and threw in the seasoning. Tastes just the same from what I can tell.

I was always a fan of chicken or shrimp flavor.

I just want to plug actual Japanese ramen. Im certain that if most people had the real mccoy they would love it. Thick noodles, in a pork borth with slow roasted pork and topped with butter and corn........it is the best after drinking food.

I've noticed your Rakuten avatar and figured it was only a matter of time before you'd chime in. I've always thought that 'Maruchan' is to 'ramen' as 'White Castle Sliders' is to 'juicy all-American hamburger'.

I just want to plug actual Japanese ramen. Im certain that if most people had the real mccoy they would love it. Thick noodles, in a pork borth with slow roasted pork and topped with butter and corn........it is the best after drinking food.

I've noticed your Rakuten avatar and figured it was only a matter of time before you'd chime in. I've always thought that 'Maruchan' is to 'ramen' as 'White Castle Sliders' is to 'juicy all-American hamburger'.

i like the way you put it. Maruchan, American, ramen is total crap. Actual ramen is so damn good........(going into homer esque dream state)

Archived