Brewer Fanatic

Ramen Noodles

BrewCrewForever
As I sit here eating lunch today which happens to be spicy chicken picante flavored Ramen Noodles. I was wondering if others still eat these things and what your favorite flavor might be? Kind of dorky I know, but thats okay. My favorite is the spicy chicken picante. I love the chili flavor but have not seen them for at least 2 years anywhere.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I go with the regular chicken flavor. I drain the noddles totally, then mix the seasoning with butter and mix in with the noodles. I ate alot of ramen in college, and I still crave them sometimes.

Hmm, never thought of totally draining them and mixing butter in. That sounds delicious. I usually only leave a little but of the water in.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I ate a ton of Ramen when I was hiking. the lightest hiker food you could buy, plus usually the only option if you needed to pack out a week's worth of food from a gas station.

usually ate the shrimp flavour. jealous of the hikers who had dehydrated vegetables to add in there. for dessert: Nutella or peanut butter mixed with the noodles. unflavoured Ramen, broccoli and hot sauce. just so many options.

Best food .18 cents can buy

I use about 3/4 of the recommended water to it is totally absorbed by the noodles, I will eat any flavor except ones that are "creamy"

My fav thing to do is cook the shrimp, and as soon as i take if off the burner, add handful of frozen shrimp. This adds nice shrimp, and cools the whole thing down quicker.

Best food .18 cents can buy
the most perfect summary of Ramen noodles right there.

or maybe if that extra $0.08 was just a bit too much, you buy the multi-pack and only pay a dime per. think of the savings!

I used to live off of ramen noodles. Seriously, when I wanted to buy something and I knew it would leave me with next to no money, I would buy a box of noodles and only eat them for a week or two at a time. I haven't had them in probably 2 years, but in ever a pinch, I'll hit them up again.

I used to live off of ramen noodles. Seriously, when I wanted to buy something and I knew it would leave me with next to no money, I would buy a box of noodles and only eat them for a week or two at a time. I haven't had them in probably 2 years, but in ever a pinch, I'll hit them up again.

Yeah I still somewhat live off them. I don't eat them for every meal mostly just lunches, sometimes dinner. I work two part-time jobs and go to school while my fiancee works full-time but has to pay off school loans. So yeah we do have Ramen in the house. And for 18 cents they are quite tasty. I usually have them with a couple of pieces of buttered bread.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I drain the noddles totally, then mix the seasoning with butter and mix in with the noodles.

I used to make them the same way.

I once almost got into a fistfight with a friend who didn't have any chicken and offered me beef. No can do!

I ate ramen two meals a day for about 3 years. Nothing but the chicken and the beef. If you have some carrots those add a good crunch to the ramen. Also, add another one to the tally of people that drain nearly all of the water out. Good stuff.
@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

kids at school are always eating ramen raw (uncooked) for a snack and/or their lunch time meal. And they'll sprinkle the seasoning packet on top of the raw noodles and eat them that way.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I find chili flavor quite a bit here in Madison...that is good stuff but my "favs" are the beef, roast beef, chicken .One other tip...it is essentially just like Lawry's seasoning but try some Ramen seasoning on your popcorn next time you make a bag. Good stuff.

kids at school are always eating ramen raw (uncooked) for a snack and/or their lunch time meal. And they'll sprinkle the seasoning packet on top of the raw noodles and eat them that way.

i just jumped on this thread again to see if anybody had asked that yet. i've done it, but it was out of necessity (out of cooking fuel), but it's hard to see why anyone would do that voluntarily. come to think of it, it's hard to see why anyone would eat cooked Ramen voluntarily.

I lived off the stuff for 5 years of college and 1 year afterwards. Add me to the list of people who drain their noodles or just don't put much water in to begin with.

I hardly ever used the spice packs though. Those are the things that make it unhealthy (sodium wise). I would just put parmisan cheese or some butter on them...probably not too much better, but still.

I used to eat them raw all the time my freshman year. I would come back from a party a little "overserved" and my roommate and I would eat 2 packs each usually. I am not sure if it was a safety thing (not wanting to use hot water in that state) or just laziness, but we would wake up the next day and have crunchy bits of noodle all over the floor and try to figure out what happend...good times.

Archived