Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee JS from Braun's debut game

BrewCrewForever
I have the sports section from the MJS after Braun's debut with the Crew against the Padres. He is on the cover. Do you think it could be worth something? I'm thinking of getting some kind of frame for it and putting it on the wall with my 8x10's and such. Suggestions for what works best to put newspapers in?

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

What I do with newspapers is I put them in magazine sleeves with a white backing of some kind. Then I seal the sleeve with clear tape and I nail them to the wall through the top of the sleeve, as to not damage the magazine/newspaper. It's not the most glamorous display, but it looks nice, it's easy, and cheap. Keeps the print from fading.

It's worthless. Total trash. You should give it to me.

But seriously, I'm not sure that it will have any real dollar value in the near future and probably not much in the long term either but(!) it's the kind of item that adds to a personal collection nicely - especially framed. Value in this case might be more of a personal value type thing as opposed to monetary.

I have several newspapers framed in my office. None of them worth much, but I think they are great. I'd love to get a copy of that paper and you can bet I'd hang it in my collection.

20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

Typically I use (glass) one inch thick frames ($10-$12 at walmart). I do have one paper (my signed 1982 "Go Brewers Go" Sentinel) in a shadow box frame. You can even custom make frames from large poster sized plexi glass frames. The price is ok ($6-10) and they hang nice.

I don't have my camera at the moment, but I'll see if I can find some photos soon.

I use something similar to these. I would post a picture of one of my examples but I'm not at home right now. It's convenient for me because the guy I buy most of my 8x10s from, sends the photos in a sleeve with a backing, just like those in the link. I always frame the 8x10s, then keep the sleeve and backing and use them to hang mags and newspapers. They come in bigger sizers too, which is nice.

Typically I use (glass) one inch thick frames ($10-$12 at walmart). I do have one paper (my signed 1982 "Go Brewers Go" Sentinel) in a shadow box frame. You can even custom make frames from large poster sized plexi glass frames. The price is ok ($6-10) and they hang nice.

I don't have my camera at the moment, but I'll see if I can find some photos soon.

Couple of questions, how much is a shadow box frame cost? Are they at Wal-Mart? The one inch think glass frames what size should I get?

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

The shadow box was $20 or so. Walmart again, but of course when your buying from walmart be careful because for every one good shadow box, there were 10 defective ones. As for the glass frames - they come in many sizes. Just decide on if you want to display it open or folded and purchase accordingly. I like to have about 2 inches of clearance on each side. I use a black matting to create a nice boarder (cheap black poster board will work too).

The shadow box was $20 or so. Walmart again, but of course when your buying from walmart be careful because for every one good shadow box, there were 10 defective ones. As for the glass frames - they come in many sizes. Just decide on if you want to display it open or folded and purchase accordingly. I like to have about 2 inches of clearance on each side. I use a black matting to create a nice boarder (cheap black poster board will work too).

Thanks 20fry, I'm gonna take a look their tomorrow I think and see what I can find.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Archived