Brewer Fanatic

Prince Fielder: Vegetarian

I love Prince, but he's been a veggie for how long? Two weeks? That's like me drinking too much on Saturday night and having a front page article on Monday that "SoCal Brew Crew Fan permanently gives up alcohol". I can't buy it yet.

Bingo. Fad. I'm disappointed by the big guy, but to each his own....

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What reason do you have to be disappointed?

That comment was directed more at Prince's reasons for not eating meat, not singling out anyone here. I just found it ironic that a thread would reach 4 pages when a player chooses to go vegetarian. It just shows how badly we need the season to start so we can talk some substance

Gotcha - sorry! Btw, I especially agree with the boldfaced part. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Just, I prefer my baseball heroes not have the same eccentric dietary practices and weak-stomached attitudes as Lisa Simpson. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif I can sleep at night, but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.... (no pun intended) It's like finding out Mr. T wears women's shoes or something. Que sera sera.

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Adam McCalvy's take on this includes the following:

Since news of Fielder's dietary change first appeared, fans began to suggest on Internet message boards that the Brewers should jump on the bandwagon. The team should offer a veggie sausage, they said, for those who are not into bratwurst and hot dogs.

(waving at Adam, in case he's still checking out this thread)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Just, I prefer my baseball heroes not have the same eccentric dietary practices and weak-stomached attitudes as Lisa Simpson. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif I can sleep at night, but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.... (no pun intended) It's like finding out Mr. T wears women's shoes or something. Que sera sera.

This is what I never understand...dudes that think they're more of "a man" because they eat hamburger or whatever. I know this was said tongue-in-cheek, but it reminds me of that attitude.

And I'm pretty sure they had veggie sausage at MP already, over by Gorman's Grill...but only there. I remember what a pain it was walking all the way over to that corner when my wife wanted one. I guess McCalvy eats the spread in the pressbox though.

This is what I never understand...dudes that think they're more of "a man" because they eat hamburger or whatever

Nope. I'm more of "a man" because I eat venison, duck, pheasant and wild turkey.

Sometimes I think I live in a different world than most of you.

To each his own I guess. Just keep your hands off my meat. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

The fact that you buy into the myth that Real Men! must eat meat says much more about you than anything Fielder has done.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

"Nope. I'm more of "a man" because I eat venison, duck, pheasant and wild turkey."

I didn't realize manhood was measured by the foods you eat.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

"Nope. I'm more of "a man" because I eat venison, duck, pheasant and wild turkey."

I didn't realize manhood was measured by the foods you eat.

Well you know the saying, "You are what you Eat".......there you go....now Prince is Rabbit food.....lol

So, what is the first item that Prince will endorse?

"Hi, I'm professional baseball player Prince Fielder, and I endorse the nutty goodness of wonder-grain quinoa, the only vegetable to produce perfect protein. {fade to tapemeasure HR shot} And I need plenty of protein to power this body {Prince flexes his biceps}.

with prince growing dreads I hope he doesn't turn into a ricky williams or cedric bensen

Pat Tillman had long hair and had more character than 99% of the players in the NFL. I'm not sure what anyone's hairstyle has to do with the content of their character.

Long hair isn't the same as dreads

Sometimes I think I live in a different world than most of you.

We live on Earth, it's pretty nice here, send us a postcard sometime http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Just keep your hands off my meat.

I don't want to speak for the whole board, but I think we can collectively avoid doing this.

I'm a man because I have chest hair

I'm a man, because I push all my emotions to the dark ball in my stomach. Oh, and I would rather run out of gas in Utah than ask someone where I am going.

Archived