Brewer Fanatic

Prince Fielder: Vegetarian

Maybe they can find work in the vegetable processing industry. Prince went to vegetarianism for the same reason I did... slowly, people are seeing the light. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

The lemurs in your avatar look delicious.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Prince - baseballs are made of animals too! I think you should express your anger by hitting them as hard as you can with a bat.

He doesn't want to hurt the animals! Tell him baseballs are made from the captains of the butchering industry!

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Id love to know what he read. I could use some motivation after seeing that meat company shove those sick and disabled cows with forklifts.

I wont say anymore as to prevent politics.

Does anyone know what Book he read?

I know it doesn't take much more than Sinclair's The Jungle to make me feel awful. When I first read that, ham/pork was in my diet as much as it is for a Muslim's for several months. My guess for the one Prince read - Fast Food Nation?
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

My guess for the one Prince read - Fast Food Nation[/i]?

Could be, I never read the book but saw the movie in my Intro to Sociology class. I still eat meat, but I don't eat meat from fast food restaurants anymore. Only meat bought in the meat department that I grill myself.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Prince - baseballs are made of animals too! I think you should express your anger by hitting them as hard as you can with a bat.

That was my first thought. Is he going to stop hitting baseballs and stop wearing a glove?

Was it Jeff Foxworthy that said, "Vegetables are not food. Vegetables are what food eats."

I will pick up Prince's slack and give up vegetables for the inhumane treatment they receive by excessive amounts of sun. Those poor vegetables are always over-looked, they need someone to speak for them.

"Hi concession-man, I'd like a High Life and a brat hot dog hamburger ... "

i don't even have the vocabulary to start doing what Prince is doing.

"Those poor vegetables are always over-looked, they need someone to speak for them."

--well, sure. and just think of how viciously they're cut down in the prime of their lives by farmers. Another poster mentioned the Foxworthy quote, so I could very well be saving the lives of vegetables by eating animals.

So what happens to all the cows and chickens if everyone stops eating meat? They can't live in the wild and nobody is going to raise them for free. For the record I do eat meat but have some concerns about how meat is processed. I eat free range chicken virtually all of which is locally grown and locally grown pork and beef processed by a small local butcher for the very same reason. It may be harder to be a meat eating hippy but a good burger without the guilt is worth it.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

So what happens to all the cows and chickens if everyone stops eating meat?

Well, I don't think that is going to happen. We may see reduced consumption over a period of time and the industry will have to adapt. As for the animals already raised for slaughter dying off, well, they were going to do that anyway.

Aracko, as I said on page one, I would be willing to bet it is either "Omnivore's Dilemma" or "Fast Food Nation". The movie version of Fast Food did a pretty good job of making a non-fiction book into a feature film.

When I do consume meat, I tend to consume the way backupcathers does; as local as possible from sources I know. Sure, I have my indulgences (mmmmm...Oakland Gyros) but this ins't a zero sum game, in my opinion.

My hippie greenishness also gets involved. I think it (usually) takes less resources to bring a pound of beans to market than it does a pound of beef. I'm not just talking shipping, but the energy that goes into each. Cows need more than sun and water, which is probably why they taste so good http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Maybe he should have more concern for the humans that feed their families by working in the meat/fish processing industry.

Exactly. I just went and bought several shirts to support the children working in sweatshops.

And last month, I supported the Canadian seal hunt when I bought my new wallet.

Archived