Brewer Fanatic

Prince Fielder: Vegetarian

link

Wow, crazy. Just a word of warning to you though, Prince. I went vegetarian for a few months as well.... Turned out that my Nacho intake just increased exponentially and I gained weight.

I think it's awesome though that he's not willing to let himself just be another big guy whose health might cause him an early decline.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fielder, who is also sporting dreadlocks in their infancy, said he has a lot more energy than he did before the new diet, and his body feels cleansed - in more ways than the public should know.

Hmmmm.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

He didn't say he is doing it for the health reasons, he said he is doing it because of the way animals are treated in the process of becoming food
Does that make it better or worse?

Maybe he should have more concern for the humans that feed their families by working in the meat/fish processing industry.

Awesome story!

I have to think cows are pretty enthused about this as well. However, I'd hate to be the nearest cow, when Prince puts up his first 0-20 stretch.

but a few weeks ago he received a book from his wife, Chanel, that changed his outlook on what he puts in his massive frame. The book described how certain animals are treated and slaughtered for food.

and then...

Besides his food intake choices, Fielder would like to make another change in his life, like not being the National League's error leader at his position. He committed 14 last year and ranked in the cellar for fielding percentage at first base. Fielder did not know he was that bad until Chanel pointed it out.

Glad to see Chanel is picking up the slack.

If a person cuts out meat, protein needs to be replaced. That's easy enough if one pays attention. Hopefully, Chanel and Prince are onto that.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Maybe he should have more concern for the humans that feed their families by working in the meat/fish processing industry.

Maybe they can find work in the vegetable processing industry. Prince went to vegetarianism for the same reason I did... slowly, people are seeing the light. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Good for Prince. I bet he read either "Omnivore's Dilemma" by Pollan or "Fast Food Nation" by I forget who. He needs to pick up a copy of "American Wholefoods Cuisine" by Goldbeck. It teaches how to eat vegetables in compliments so you get your complete proteins without using animal proteins. Extra protein is just turned into fat, so cutting out whe he doesn't need will be great.

The wife and I are semi-veg; we like the occasional meat because, well, it tastes good. The rest of the time, veggies are cheaper. I'd tell Prince to also lay off the over-processed stuff but, with the MLB lifestyle, that would be almost impossible. My proof, I've lost 40 lbs since last January by simply shifting what I ate from less processed foods and less meats to more grains veggies and fruits. That and the occasional walk and it has melted away.

Go hippie Prince!

Come on.

Good for Prince. My gf is a veggie-head, and I love the balance it brings my diet. Moralistically, I want to go veggie, but I like having meat in my diet... and it tastes good. How corny is the poll accompanying this article -

"Now that Prince Fielder is a vegeterian, how many home runs will he hit this season?"

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/eyes.gif

You stay shoddy, MJS!

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived