Brewer Fanatic

Indians acquire LoftonÂ?Phillips comments on Brewer needs

Quote:
Do you think he would have been a starter on our current club?

For the entire season? No, not a full time starter. But for August-October?? Absolutely! You wouldn't want Lofton leading-off and playing LF for this club?

.303 BA/.380 OBP/ .818 OPS/ 21 SB

Admitedly, I don't put very much weight on slugging for a lead-off hitter. My argument is that by being on base, that creates more runs from guys behind him that DO have a higher slugging %.

It's the .303/.380 that this line-up could have really used at the top. Dig deeper, and you'll see he's been very consistent all year, and his home/away splits are almost identical. Something that may help a team that struggles on the road.

In my opinion, Lofton is almost exactly what this team needs most. A guy who can get on base with Hart, Braun, and Fielder behind him.

Didn't want to make a new thread on this but the Indians also optioned Cliff Lee to AAA Buffalo.

Anybody see him tip his cap to the crowd last night as they were booing him off the field?http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

Max Ramirez is the prospect the Indians settled for after the Brewers turned down the Wickman deal last year. He is a pretty decent catching prospect, but he just keeps being in the wrong organization at the wrong time. Not too many organizations deeper at catcher than Atlanta and Cleveland.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

All that article did was point out that Brewer fans and the media are freaking out and it speculates whether the players will as well. The only evidence they use to support that possibility is that the Brewers are watching the Cubs games. They are watching the Cubs games because they always watch baseball games before their own and the Cubs happen to be the team chasing them. So what?

They also use a bunch of quotes from Estrada that make it sound like he's talking about the team, only to clarify later that he's talking about the fans. Pretty misleading, if you ask me.

Yost says the team has remained steady. The players have said they have remained steady and they've done absolutely nothing to indicate otherwise. The fans and media over react after every lose and apparently assume that the players will do the same. It's all so damn silly.

Estrada has a point. I feel more like an antiCubs fan more than a Brewers fan. I am having a hard time enjoying this season even though the Brewers are doing well. I think after Tuesday that I am going to avoid the standings and Cus scores until September.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Quote:
I feel more like an antiCubs fan more than a Brewers fan. I am having a hard time enjoying this season even though the Brewers are doing well.

I'm the exact opposite. I could care less how the cubs are doing(i guess that's because deep down i know this is the best they can play, and they still haven't passed us.) Don't worry about the cubs too much, they are falling back to earth as we speak.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Quote:
Didn't want to make a new thread on this but the Indians also optioned Cliff Lee to AAA Buffalo.

To tie this thread all together, wasn't it Steve Phillips who said on BBTN a couple years ago that Cliff Lee was the best lethanded pitcher in baseball? I remember some dope said that.

edit: It was Phillips who said that. He said it last April. Phillips just says so many stupid things that you wonder how he ever got into a position of authority at all, much less one running an enterprise like a major league baseball team.

Quote:
To tie this thread all together, wasn't it Steve Phillips who said on BBTN a couple years ago that Cliff Lee was the best lethanded pitcher in baseball? I remember some dope said that.

Yea, i remember that too. I think he said it. I know it's been said before, but the fact that this guy was a GM anywhere astounds me.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Archived