Brewer Fanatic

Indians acquire LoftonÂ?Phillips comments on Brewer needs

In addition to this, did anyone see what the Brewers needs were according to Steve Phillips on Tuesday night during the Cubs/Cards game. He said that our three main needs were a bullpen arm, leadership as well as a CF. Yes a CF.

I think there's plenty of leadership. Anything for the bullpen is always nice. As far as CF, a righty who hits righties and also plays center would be really cool. I don't think you'd fill the whole order on that one, though.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Hmm, Kenny's 3rd stint in Cleveland. Seems like a good deal for Cleveland. Their corner outfielders have been terrible, so Kenny should help a lot. He'll probably get his first career experience in left field as a result of this trade.

An outfield line-up of:

Lofton/Sizemore/Gutierrez

should be pretty good offensively and defensively, and they still have Nixon, Michales and Dellucci on the bench to sub when needed.

Actually, they should probably get rid of either Nixon or Dellucci, as they are very similar players and both have been horrible this year. Maybe they could send Nixon back to Boston, Epstein got fleeced in a trade for one of his old players last year (Mirabelli), maybe they can make it happen again.

While reading that SI article, was anyone else besides me thinking that Johnny should just shut his mouth and play better ball himself!?!? I don't know...maybe take a walk once in awhile...maybe throw a runner out once in awhile...maybe hustle a little more...you know, the things that LEADERS do.

He's complaining about the fan and media negativity in a market like Milwaukee for pete's sake! Then, he compares this market to Atlanta...last time I checked Atlanta could care less about the Braves no matter what their record is (just look at the attendance).

He should go play in NY or Boston if he wants to see what media scrutiny is.

I agree with him that this team needs leaders because he's clearly NOT one of them.

Johnny Estrada says in Atlanta "they won 14 straight championships. We could lose 8 straight and you'd get the same response: No big deal".

Johnny, Johnny, Johnny, please. Everything involving all sports in Atlanta is "No big deal" It's the most blase town about sports in the country with the possible exception of that other place you played: Phoenix.

Milwaukee is not Atlanta. Milwaukee has passion for it's teams. What you're interpreting as panic is passion. Too bad you don't show a little yourself. Maybe fans wouldn't be all over you.

Eh...I think Estrada has a point. The Brewers can't be worrying about the Cubs everyday...they have to worry about winning games themselves.

The Brewers are going to get hot again and string together a few wins. Everyone isn't going to continue to slump for the final eight weeks of the season. At some point, guys are going to get the bats going again.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

lofton would have been a great addition to the brewers if they could have gotten him for gwynn or something similar in value.

whether he plays CF or not, the brewers need someone that rakes vs. RH pitching.

vs: RH: Lofton, Jenkins, with Hall and Hart sharing a position.

vs. LH: Hall, Hart, Mench,

assuming none of those guys were lost in aquiring Lofton.

or you could give hall some time at 2b or SS (I know, they didn't want to do it, but this is a playoff race, gents).

Lofton could have gone right into the leadoff role.

BREWERS NEED SOMEONE THAT CAN HIT RH PITCHERS!

yes, I was screaming.

6th place wouldn't be bad if it didn't represent the majority of the games, and if their pitching wasn't middle of the road, too.

what do you think is more available:

an elite starting pitcher, or

a hitter that can excel vs. RH pitchers.

I think the latter.

Quote:
lofton would have been a great addition to the brewers if they could have gotten him for gwynn

Gwynn??? Apparently they could have got him for a single A catcher!

Let's see, arguably the biggest hole this team has is a lead-off hitter. Lofton is available, at still hitting over .300 at his age- not to mention he has post-season experience. And we can get him for almost nothing??

No, let's give up our top prospect and two others for another middle reliever. I must be the only one turning red about this.

Who is the poster on here that dispises Estrada? Is that brett? Well whoever it is they better not read that article.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I read it, and he's dead on. Players aren't worried nearly as much as the fans, nor should they be. It may be the first and last time I ever compliment Estrada, but a lot of us have been saying the same thing.

Archived