Brewer Fanatic

Line for Single Game Tickets on Saturday

hart attack 2006

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went last year and got there at 4pm on Friday, and me and my friend were probably the 20th-ish group in line? I would say there were well over 100 people there by 10pm. I'm sure there'll be more this year.

Last year was ridiculous with that blizzard that came out of nowhere, this year is looking much nicer but I decided I'm not going because Opening Day/home opener at the stadium doesn't do it for me anymore. It was a bummer last year when the stadium was less than 1/2 full as the lineups were being announced.

I'll take the Saturday and Sunday games though. I'll agree with other things I've seen around here about Opening Day/home opener becoming more of a social event for some people than anything else.

i saw that, they were drinking sambuca and miller lite to get through. i couldn't imagine being outside in this weather for over 3 days to make sure you get opening day tickets. i'd camp out one night if i knew i'd get some, but 3 cold nights is nuts.

i saw that, they were drinking sambuca and miller lite to get through. i couldn't imagine being outside in this weather for over 3 days to make sure you get opening day tickets. i'd camp out one night if i knew i'd get some, but 3 cold nights is nuts.

Did they have some kind of heater in the tent? I was a bit groggy when I was seeing the piece. I know they were grilling brats.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

but 3 cold nights is nuts
No doubt. I don't see why these people, just don't go to work for the three days instead of sitting there drinking Sambuca and Miller Lite, and use the pay for the 3 days to buy your nine-pack awhile ago when opening day was included. I can see for one night having a party with your buds, (I am 32 now, and maybe 10 years ago, I may have done that but not now) but 3 cold nights is ridiculous.

I just got a call from my ticket rep and since I am still $60 short of my full payment for my nine pack, I can no longer get opening day tickets as my tenth game. So I don't know what to do now. It might be back to camping out at MP again this year. Last year we were maybe 25 people back and there were only standing room and family section left. I think it might be easier this year since they are limiting it to 4 tickets each instead of the first people all taking tons of tickets.

Yup, Jen Lada of Fox 6 sports in Milwaukee did a piece in the 9pm news about the first group that was there camping out.

Bah. I should have gone to camp out just so I could say "You're hot, Jen!" while I was drunk.

I called yesterday and they said they are holding about 2,000 give or take, with most of them being standing room only.

Last year we got there around 4pm Friday and were maybe the 6th group of people to set up shop and I would say there were 30 or 40 people in front of us, but by midnight I would estimate there were close to 150 or so people there at the very least.

Yup, Jen Lada of Fox 6 sports in Milwaukee did a piece in the 9pm news about the first group that was there camping out.

Bah. I should have gone to camp out just so I could say "You're hot, Jen!" while I was drunk.

She is a hottie and I find her reporting skills to be quite good.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I called yesterday and they said they are holding about 2,000 give or take, with most of them being standing room only.

Last year we got there around 4pm Friday and were maybe the 6th group of people to set up shop and I would say there were 30 or 40 people in front of us, but by midnight I would estimate there were close to 150 or so people there at the very least.

Great. Thanks a lot. That's around 500 people, assuming they buy the limit. I wish I didn't have to work third shift tonight. Otherwise I'd go down there several hours early.

So, how quickly does the line at the ballpark die off? I'm trying to decide between driving to the park Saturday morning v. just ordering online or over the phone. (Considering the $3 / ticket "convenience fee" online, I can get more tickets for the same price just by making the drive.)

That said, if it takes 3 hours to get through the line, I'll probably get better tickets by ordering online.

Archived