Brewer Fanatic

Food At/Near Maryvale Park

jhartzell2

The prices are pretty much on par with the Keg. As far as places to eat in that area, you will mostly find alot of little Mexican food places and chain fast food restaurants. Sorry I cant offer better info, I try to do my best to avoid that area as much as possible.
Formerly AirShuttle6104

I second BCBF's recommendation, if you want to find food in an area you are less likely to get mugged or shot, either find something along the I-10 (mile or 2 south of the Park) or head north of Peoria Ave. Actually, if you head up to 59th Ave and Peoria Ave, there is a Applebee's, Boston Market and a couple other places,there isnt alot on 51st Ave (the street maryvale park is on). As someone who has lived here for 6 years, I would recommend not venturing out in the Maryvale area other than the ballpark during the day. Locals call that area Scaryvale for a reason.
Formerly AirShuttle6104

When I went to spring training 2 years ago, we went to every Old Chicago in the Phoenix area. We printed out coupons from the internet used them each night. We thought it wouldn't good to use the same coupon at the same Old Chicago each night. I think it was like 10% off or something -- don't remember. They were always skeptical, but always honored them. I don't even know if they still even offer this.

Archived