Brewer Fanatic

Is Barry Bonds being blackballed??

Crewin06

I am not positive but am pretty sure he is not a type A Free Agent, because in order for a player to be a type A or Type B free agent the team (in this case the Giants) has to offer said Free Agent Arbitration.

In Bonds Case considering he made 15 million last season and had a superb year, he would probably be making around the same amount this year if offered arbitration and he accepted. Which I believe he would do to stay in the place he has called home for the past 15 season and make great money on top of it.

From what I can tell the Giants want nothing to do with Barry any more so Barry is probably just a regular Free Agent.

I am not positive but am pretty sure he is not a type A Free Agent, because in order for a player to be a type A or Type B free agent the team (in this case the Giants) has to offer said Free Agent Arbitration.

We didn't offer arbitration to either Cordero or Linebrink, though, did we?

My source for his FA status was mlbtraderumors.com. Dierkes (sp?) is usually solid.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

We didn't offer arbitration to either Cordero or Linebrink, though, did we?

My source for his FA status was mlbtraderumors.com. Dierkes (sp?) is usually solid.

They might have signed before we had to offer it to them otherwise we probably did offer them arbitration.

Pretty sure Crewin06 is right. We have to offer arbitration in order to get compensation picks. That's how we ended up with Graffy back last year(I would say got stuck with Graffy, but I wouldn't call having him a negative).

Just my 2 cents, but I think that a guy over 40 with prison time looming would be a bad investment. He also is a part time player(can still DH) with a recent history of injuries.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Archived