Brewer Fanatic

The Return of 3TO (Ridiculously Raking in Nashville) [merged with Hall platoon thread]

SZBrewerFan
  • Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I want to change the line at the bottom of the board pages that says "Powered by KickApps, Inc." to "Powered by Russell Branyan". Unfortunately, that isn't possible.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

http://www.cantstopthebleeding.com/img/branyan0917.jpg

This is the type of energy that will put us over the hump and get us in the playoffs!

They need a Branyan's Barnyard sign in right field in Nashville where all his home runs are going to be landing.

Since the signing, I've been dreaming of heading back to Miller, after Russ has been recalled due to injuries, watching him belt two big ones and then circle the bases as the sunlight gleems off his tinted Oakleys.

Here's to dreaming.

*Sigh*

Branyan going yard twice on Opening Day.

Rob Deer and Dale Sveum on Easter Sunday.

Joey Meyer's walkoff on Roger Clemens.

Gorman Thomas getting standing ovations after striking out in his return to Milwaukee in 1986.

Don't know that I'd trade any of these for making the playoffs the last 25 years. Here's to the legends.

How lame! I know the significance of this is nil, but it actually makes me less excited about the Brewers. I just hope he does not step foot in Miller Park this year. If he does, it means we are in for one disappointing year.

Question for thermalnoise: Is Russell aware of our irrational obsession with 3TO and does he feed off this positive energy?

adding onto this question, I would like to know if Russell gets this kind of 3TO-like love from any other club's fans besides the Brewers?

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Look at the crazy 35 days Branyan had last year between 7/28-8/31

7/28 Padres release him.

8/7 Indians sign him

8/9 Contract purchased by the Phillies.

8/31 Traded to Cardinals.

4 organizations in a little over a month. That has to be some sort of MLB record. and

In just over 2 years he he been part of 6 big league organizations. (7 total if you count his 2nd go around with the Brewers now.)

And talk about toying with a young man's heart.. If you count drafting him, The Indians have picked him up 3 different times. Brewers now in a close 2nd with two.

Impressive.

I, too, was at the famous Opening Day '05 Branyan Blastfest. That day made me a fan, though I agree he doesn't have a spot with this incarnation of the club to start the year. However, the potential of getting a hot Branyan in september, or to come up to the bench in case of injury to one of our more powerful corner guys is more enticing to me than having Counsell have to fill in at first or third for an extended period of time. Perhaps someone can fill us in on other likely AAA candidates who could man 1b/3b if Hall or Fielder ended up having to go on the DL this year. Vinny Rottino and Brad Nelson are the only other possibilites I can think of that I've seen mentioned as probably spending the year in Nashville.

All that's left if the Bewers to sign Keith Ginter back for a minor league deal and it will be proof that god hates me, that's all I have to say about this.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

his trial date in ohio was scheduled for last thursday. assuming that trial date wasn't moved, it's safe to assume he's in arizona right now working out in the minor league camp. he could see his first action in a minor league spring training game on saturday.

• 1 month later...

Archived