Brewer Fanatic

The Return of 3TO (Ridiculously Raking in Nashville) [merged with Hall platoon thread]

SZBrewerFan
  • Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you basically spend your whole post whining like a four year old and then your last sentence says you'll be back when the adult conversations start back up?

Not to be mean, but this is kind of not called for in my opinion. I think the general feeling is that The Muscle is loved or hated -- no in between. I think a possible good idea would be to just keep a thread for him all year and those that want to chime in can and those that don't want to can just avoid that thread. I think it's kind of like the Yost thing. I'm not real into bashing a guy time after time so I avoid the main Yost thread and all is well. This isn't a knock on those that do bash Yost it's just a way to avoid things I really don't have an interest in. Just a thought.

I personally like the signing and I look forward to seeing him hit some bombs in Nashville -- and getting a done of RB autographs.

Greeeaaat................. Now I can read a new thread everyday for the rest of the year about this mope tearing up AAA and we need to call him up - NOW. And he should be batting clean up , or lead off , or pitching, or pinch running, or bull pen catcher. Gack. Puke. Wretch. Bye Bye BFN. I'll be back when adult conversations start up again.
Well I for one will miss your informative posts, I will wait in anticipation until you return. I may not eat or sleep.

This is a minor league deal for Pete's sake. He is not being penciled in for a starting spot. (Crossing my fingers)

I by no means am a long time poster here, more of a long time lurker. Branyan is sort of a cult icon on Brewerfan. He reminds me of that girl you dated in high school. She was very pretty and you really wanted to get to know her. Then you dated her for a while and realized all of her flaws and how you could do much better. Ten years later you run into her and all those old good feeling come up again.

RB is part of the lore of Brewerfan.net

I by no means am a long time poster here, more of a long time lurker. Branyan is sort of a cult icon on Brewerfan. He reminds me of that girl you dated in high school. She was very pretty and you really wanted to get to know her. Then you dated her for a while and realized all of her flaws and how you could do much better. Ten years later you run into her and all those old good feeling come up again.

RB is part of the lore of Brewerfan.net

That is a pretty spot on analogy. Well done Marleyboo.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Marley, the thing that makes your analogy so great is the fact that it works both ways. Someone in the same situation might see that same girl and just remember all the bad things from that failed relationship, leading to a very bad feeling. I really can't say that I feel good or bad about the signing, because in the end it isn't likely to have much of an effect on the team anyway, and I was never a huge Muscle fan.

As someone who was there on that fateful April day against the Pirates (my first ever Opening Day game), I can honestly say Branyan has carved out a small piece of tender muscle in my otherwise lacking heart.

Marley I love the analogy as well. Spot on. The best part of that analogy is thinking that even though that girl has been passed around and worked over like old Schwinn, you know, somewhere, in the back of your dark mind, she just might be able to give you the ride of your life one more time.

Since the signing, I've been dreaming of heading back to Miller, after Russ has been recalled due to injuries, watching him belt two big ones and then circle the bases as the sunlight gleems off his tinted Oakleys.

Here's to dreaming.

Archived