Brewer Fanatic

The Return of 3TO (Ridiculously Raking in Nashville) [merged with Hall platoon thread]

SZBrewerFan
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Ha! I bet this thread gets more views/posts than the Gagne or Cameron signings.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can anyone imagine what would happen if Russell gets 500 ABs this year? I say 45 HRs, 85 RBIs, .215 BA, 240 K's! What a line!

In all seriousness, it's hard to have a problem with this. My only disappointment comes in that Adam Heether won't get to be the full time 3B at Nashville. I thought Brad Nelson was taking grounders at 3B too?

Branyan is a left handed power hitter on a team that is predominantly right-handed. His skill set is basically exactly what Melvin had in mind for a reserve pinch hitter-type this offseason. To me, it isn't out of the realm of possibility that, if he tears up spring training, he breaks camp with the big club. Having that type of pop on you bench isn't a bad thing. Also, Russ brings veteran-ness with him.

The funny thing about Brian's picture is that shortly after that was taken, Russ was intimate with all 3 of them. He has that kind of power.

I'm okay with this. A lot of things have to happen for the Muscle to be in our starting line up, much less on the 25 man. As long as we are loading up AAA with interestin backups, doesn't Cirillo need a job?

unless we can transfer someone to the 60-day disabled list, i'm not sure i'd want to waste a 40-man roster spot on russell branyan to get him on the brewers in september.

now if the roster is at 39 or less on september 1st and there's nobody else more deserving, i'm probably okay with it. but if we have to outright a promising player to get russell branyan on the major league roster, i'm against it.

samwise wrote:

People not loving the Muscle makes me feel old. There are a lot of new fans to the website and the Brewers, this is something I have to get used to.

I'm not exactly a seasoned veteran at Brewer backing, but I remember the glory days of 2004 and 2005. When I saw the news of Branyan signing, I definitely smiled.

I realize how far this team has come when I look at things like this. In '05, the team went .500 and there were stars like Trent Durrington, Chris Magruder, and Russel B on the roster. That's not mentioning flamethrowers like Victor Santos, Julio Santana (who was good that year), and Justin Lehr.

It's all the more mystifying to me how the Crew only went 2 games over last year in a weaker division than it was in '05.

Greeeaaat................. Now I can read a new thread everyday for the rest of the year about this mope tearing up AAA and we need to call him up - NOW. And he should be batting clean up , or lead off , or pitching, or pinch running, or bull pen catcher. Gack. Puke. Wretch. Bye Bye BFN. I'll be back when adult conversations start up again.

Greeeaaat................. Now I can read a new thread everyday for the rest of the year about this mope tearing up AAA and we need to call him up - NOW. And he should be batting clean up , or lead off , or pitching, or pinch running, or bull pen catcher. Gack. Puke. Wretch. Bye Bye BFN. I'll be back when adult conversations start up again.

So you basically spend your whole post whining like a four year old and then your last sentence says you'll be back when the adult conversations start back up?

I personally find that adult conversations are overrated.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I'm starting to think this is going to turn into the Jets vs. the Sharks.

Brian will be wearing his black leather jacket and pimp sunglasses, snapping his fingers so Russ and 19 can follow him as they jazz jump and electric slide across the pavement to the rally cry of "3TO!"

West Side Story II: The Branyan Debate

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I'm pretty sure that even Branyan's fans don't want to see anything more than a few ABs from him at the major league level. His Marcel projection is .237/.337/.452/.789, so I'd be fine with him in some kind of bench role. As a pinch hitter, I'd take his projection over Counsell's (.244/.331/.350/.681).

Archived