Brewer Fanatic

The Return of 3TO (Ridiculously Raking in Nashville) [merged with Hall platoon thread]

SZBrewerFan
  • Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know its just a minor league deal, but I really don't like him. I don't even like the chance of someone getting hurt and him coming up. Yes the team needs more walks, but not at the expense of strikeouts. His BB/K ratio was below league average last year.

So we have our left handed, high OBP, thirdbaseman minus the OBP

Actually, his OBP has always been .100 points higher than his BA. The problem has been his average.

I'll take his .378 OBP for MIL in 2005. And his .490 SLG that year too. I know it's a minor league deal, but he'd make an interesting September callup...

A little blurb from Right Field Bleachers,

"- Russell Branyan sighting. He'll join the Brewers AAA squad. I'm sure the guys on the BrewerFan.net boards are going to have a field day with this one as Branyan is one of the most controversial figures in the history of that site and a "prophet" of 3TO."

I see guess the only negative I see is that we don't have any prospects good enough to play 3B in AAA. I am sure every team makes these kinds of AAA filler signings. I really don't see why anybody really has a problem with either this or the Nunez signing. It isn't like we signed Wes Helms here.

I guess a career .327 OBP isn't to bad for a AAA filler/injury callup type guy.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I see guess the only negative I see is that we don't have any prospects good enough to play 3B in AAA. I am sure every team makes these kinds of AAA filler signings. I really don't see why anybody really has a problem with either this or the Nunez signing. It isn't like we signed Wes Helms here.

I guess a career .327 OBP isn't to bad for a AAA filler/injury callup type guy.

Not just the .327 OBP... there's the fact thata pitcher's mistake ends up about 450 feet away... over the warning track, over the wall, and off the scoreboard!

Reality check:

The Cardinals brought him in last September and he was awful: 6 for 32, 1 HR, 15 Ks. He hasn't hit over .228 since 2005, and has only hit over .250 once. OB guy? Hardly. His OBP was over .330 one time in a 10 year career.

He walks a fair bit for one reason guys. He can't put balls in play when he swings. If he sees any time in a Brewer uniform it's a mistake.

From Baseball Prospectus:

"In short, the Three True Outcomes are plate appearances that end with events that do not involve the fielders: the home run, the walk, and the strikeout"

People not loving the Muscle makes me feel old. There are a lot of new fans to the website and the Brewers, this is something I have to get used to.

Archived