Brewer Fanatic

Hunter Pence injured in "accident"

Patrick425

i think the funniest part about the article is the mention that lee/pence are slated to hit 5 and 6 this year.

i know batting order doesn't really matter all that much, but still, pretty interesting slotting the two best hitters on the team there.

and yes, i know an argument could be made for berkman/tejada, but i don't see berkman bouncing back too much from his terrible oh seven and miggy definitely appears to be headed the wrong way too.

I agree with Dr. Wood. Berkman's been one of the best hitters in the game this decade. He had an "off" year and still hit 34 HR and drove in 102. There is nothing wrong with the Astro lineup.

They are two average starters away from being right in the mix in the division which scares the heck out of me because average starters can come out of nowhere.

berkman's 278/386/510 represented career lows in all three categories. a barely sub 900 ops is nothing to sniff at, but going forward i expect numbers more in line with that than with what he's done in his career prior. i'd go pence/berkman/lee/tejada from two through five, myself.

but i guess if one were to do that then they couldn't hit kaz matsui second and he is afterall the perfect two hitter.

Berkman's average was about 25 points lower than normal last year and he hit a few less doubles than normal. His BABIP was .020 lower than his career rates so that is probably mostly just bad luck. His ISO was higher than in 2003 or 2005. Other than that his other numbers are right in line with what he has done over his entire career.

He is there best hitter though, Berkman's off year is better than Lee's career year.

What's funny is that he called his parents to ask what to do....I don't think I would have made that call, not after the age of 17 or so.

Hello? Mom & Dad? I just jumped through a plate glass window, on the way into the hot tub, with my new "friend", and I'm bleeding profusely. What should I do?

Pence sure does run into a lot of things. First it was the wall and now a sliding glass door. Whats next? If you don't know what I'm referencing to the wall part it is when Weeks hit a 2 run shot to tie the game in Houston and Pence ran into the wall at full speed.

To Pence's credit he ran THROUGH the glass door and not just into it. I like how he tried to "shower" the glass off before going to the emergency room. He was definetly drunk. I wonder what his "friend" was doing while he was showering in a pool of his own blood. Sorry bout all the quotation marks in this post.

Archived