Brewer Fanatic

Looking for a cheap car

jaybird2001wi
I have been looking for a cheap car for a few weeks now. I have been without a vehicle for about a year now and I lost my previous car in a total loss accident and made payments on the car, and my credit rating has taken a beating since I was approved for the loan about 3 years ago so I won't exactly qualify for any loans for a newer car. Does anyone know of anyone that is selling a crappy beater car for $1,000 or below that can last me at least a few months?

more specifically:

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/car/

featuring

89 ford 2 wheel drive pickup - $800

Must sell $1350.00 - $1350

1994 Infiniti G20 - Moving, need gone by next week - $1000 OBO - $1000

1997 Chevy S-10 - $1000

The Accord for $1350 looks interesting, I trust Honda to no end, I have friends with Accords over 295,000 miles

Without knowing your entire situation I think it might be a good idea to look at your monthly budget and see how much you can reasonably afford for a car payment. I would use that number and then go to banks/dealerships and see what type of loan you can get based on your credit. This may help you get a car that has a little more value, but in the end it will help restore your credit rating which in the long run may help you out.

I'm all for restoring credit, but I'd have a problem letting a dealer know what I'm willing to pay for a car or what I'm willing to pay per month on a loan.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I'm all for restoring credit, but I'd have a problem letting a dealer know what I'm willing to pay for a car or what I'm willing to pay per month on a loan.

That's true, but you could just run some numbers online through some creditors so that you know your max or what you want.

Archived