Brewer Fanatic

Official Fantasy Baseball Discussion Thread

BuckyTuba

There has been talk out of cincy that griffey and/or dunn will be traded real soon. griffey is 3 home runs shy of 600. he will not be traded before he hits that milestone. patterson has been very hot and cold as their CF. bruce wil l be called up if/when griffey or Dun n is traded. The reds' new GM might get tired of patterson's streaks and call bruce up. patterson has been hot this week after being benched. the problem with bruce being called up is that the reds have ryan freel and like him as a nice lead-off guy and CF. a guy who will get called up before bruce is Sp homer Bailey who has been great at AAA. you may also want to check how Bartolo Colon is doing pitching in boston's minor league system, or the brewers' Weaver.

if you're looking for a hitter, you may be surprised to find Cameron available. Als o Seattle called up clement. he qualifies as a catcher, but will probably get a lot of atbats at dh. Seattle's GM said he didn't call hime up to just sit on the bench. Say good bye Vidro.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you guys think I sould sell high right now on Edinson Volquez and Scott Olsen, its a NL only 5x5 keeper league, and I have these guys for really cheap. Do they really have potential to be ace type pitchers?

the question is if you dropped them, what's the likelyhood you could reclaim them or somebody even better in the off season?

I'm in a similar situation with gallardo on my keeper team. My keeper team has a farm of 4 players I can place on it who are either in the minors or have played less than a certain amount of games. Right now i have C teagarden, pirates 1b Pearce, OF laporta and Indians Sp Miller on my farm team. I also have Colorado's 3b stewart and gallardo. I could place gallard o or stewart on my farm eam, but I'd have to drop one of the other 4 players.

Gallardo is deadweight to me this year. So I ask myself, do I think he'll be better than the 4 I have on my farm team? Will he be better than Miller? or should i risk dropping him and allowing some either team to pick him and allow him to be his deadweight?

the question you should be asking about Olsen and Volquez is if you think they'll be a star next year. because, in reality, keeper leagues typically last only 2-4 years before you start over. In a keeper league, you should worry about this year and next year. To answer your question, I don't see olsen or Volquez being an ace this year or next. i see them as being a good value pitcher, but not one worth keeping. if you dropped them, i'm quite ertain you'll be able to reclaim them at the start of next year. and if you can reclaim them in next year's draft, why keep them as part of your protected players?

I'm not saying to drop either pitcher. i just don't think they are worthy of being considered protectable players. if you have a good offer, i'd sell high.

Would you do...

Give:

Lance Berkman or Curtis Granderson

John Smoltz

Get:

Vlad Guerrero

One of: Grady Sizemore, Dan Uggla, Justin Morneau

First off, who would you give of those two and take of those 3 (I know I can have Sizemore for this offer if I give Berkman) and would you do it?

14 teams, 7x7 roto with a salary cap. I am currently $3 under the cap.

Willie Tavares has not been getting consistent playing time. It sounds like Podsednik and somebody else will be eating away at his playing time. I like his SB totals, but need more consistency.

Juan Pierre is available. However, Pierre is $17 while Taveras is $12. I thought of dropping Freddy Sanchez ($10) and picking up Jose Lopez ($2). Sanchez is slumping, but may come back.

Is Pierre worth the risk vs. Taveras? Is Lopez a good pickup vs. Sanchez?

Thanks!

Ok, I'm in an NL only 5x5 keeper league, and I was offered John Bowker and Chris Marrero for Ryan Freel. At first I was very hesitant, but I think Bowker might stay up, and be a decent major league player, judging by his 22 HR 90 RBI season at AA as a 23 year old. Should I do this trade?

• 4 weeks later...

With everything else being equal, which side gets the better deal in this trade?

C. Utley, E. Encarnacion, and M. Owings

for

D. Wright, R. Theriot, and B. Wagner

I'm curious to see what others think. I'd like some input, then I'll tell you which side was mine.

Thanks!

I need help again!!!!!!!!!!!!

I m in a regular yahoo league. I got a request fot a trade.

I would get

Justin Upton of

Connor Jackson 1b

He would get

Carlos Guillen 1b,ss,3b

Carlos Beltran of

Upton and Jackson would be nice pickups. Are you playing Guillen as your 1B? I like your side of it, if that is the case

With everything else being equal, which side gets the better deal in this trade?

C. Utley, E. Encarnacion, and M. Owings

for

D. Wright, R. Theriot, and B. Wagner

I'm curious to see what others think. I'd like some input, then I'll tell you which side was mine.

Thanks!

The trade is pretty even if everything else was equal. I like Utley/Encarnacion better on offense but getting Wagner makes the deal even.

• 2 weeks later...

Fukedome and an 9th round and 10th round pick next year

Good trade. This may sound idiotic, but i refuse to have cubs on my fantasy team. I just won't root for any of them. It's worked out well- I finished first in my 12 team league last year and am 2nd right now.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived