Brewer Fanatic

Official Fantasy Baseball Discussion Thread

BuckyTuba
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
any leagues still in need of owners?

I might, if you are interested in an Auction league, draft held this Saturday in Milwaukee. I might have a spot or two open, have to wait and see, but should know by the end of day tomorrow. PM me if you are interested.

Our league, all BF members, just just one from our draft. We are in the midst of it (It's a slow draft) and we are in need of an owner. The team as we speak is...

Pump and Dump/spbjt

C-

1B-C. Pena-K

2B-D. Uggla

SS-Reyes-K

3B-G. Atkins

OF-Dunn-K

OF-M. Rameriz

OF-V. Wells

UTIL-

SP-Hamels-K

SP-Penny-K

SP-B. Meyers

SP-A. Harang

RP-

RP-

P-

P-

Please email me at nicholasscharenbroch@yahoo.com with any questions.

Is anyone interested in an all Brewerfan.net league? I would be willing to set one up. We would have to draft pretty quickly but I was thinking about a live draft Monday night at like 5:30 via Yahoo or ESPN. Post or PM me if you are interested.

I'm not looking for a new league but this is my first ever team. I LOVE THIS team....

C - R. Doumit

1st - D. Lee

2nd - T. Iguchi

SS - R. Furcal

3rd - D. Wright

of - J. Bay

of - C. Beltran

of - A. Rowand

K. Griffey, Jr. is on the bench http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

P1 - T. Lincecum

P2 - B. Arroyo

P3 - T. Gorzelanny

P4 - D. Bush

P5 - T. Hoffman

@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

alright, i had my draft last friday, and i was lucky enough to get the first pick, i wish me and my freinds only did NL but they insisted we do both leagues, which i think is stupid because then everyone is stacked, (we only have 8 teams) but that being said here is my team, and I have one question:

I made these trades on draft day, did I get the better end?

trade Miguel Cabrera, Brad Penny for Albert Pujols, Erik Bedard

--when i first made that trade i was excited, but Pujols has that elbow thing, and Bedard has been awful all spring

trade Kosuke Fukudome for Mariano Rivera

--i made that trade with a Cubs fan

Here is my squad:

C Brian McCann

1B Albert Pujols

2B Chone Figgins

3B Álex Rodríguez

SS Michael Young

OF Álex Ríos

OF Bobby Abreu

OF Jeremy Hermida

OF Jacoby Ellsbury

Util James Loney

Util Ryan Braun

BN Andy LaRoche

BN J.R. Towles

BN Freddy Sánchez

BN Kelly Johnson

BN Daric Barton

DL --empty-- - - - - - - - - - -

SP Josh Beckett

SP Dan Haren

SP Jeff Francis

SP Erik Bedard

RP Joe Nathan

RP Chad Billingsley

RP Mariano Rivera

P Tim Hudson

P Rafael Pérez

BN Pedro Martínez

BN Pat Neshek

Fantasy question here: I own Ellsbury, and maybe I'm overreacting, but I was scared that Crisp got a start already in the second game of the season. Michael Bourn is still a free agent in my league. Would you cut Ellsbury and pick up Bourn?

stat man, as I was watching the Sox on Wednesday morning, Thorpe said that Ellsbury will be the starting center fielder, and Steve Phillips, take it for what it's worth, says that they are probably trying to flash Crisp for trades. But Francona has also said that Ellsbury will start, and that his back was fine after that catch he made and slammed into the wall on tuesday. So, no I wouldn't drop him yet.

Need some help on a trade proposal. I'm in an 8 team head to head league. He's offered me Lance Berkman for Javier Vazquez (he's a Sox fan). My 1st basemen are Adrian Gonzalez and Conor Jackson (can start 1B and 1 utility man). Berkman can also play in the outfield, so the versatility is nice. Berkman has been pretty consistent over the years. What do you think? Here's my team....

Russell Martin

Adrian Gonzalez

Aaron Hill

Alex Rodriguez

Hanley Ramirez

Carlos Lee

Hideki Matsui

Andruw Jones

Josh Hamilton

Erik Bedard

Aaron Harang

Javier Vazquez

Rich Harden

Gil Meche

Manny Corpas

Bench

B.J. Upton

Adam Dunn

Tim Lincecum

Vernon Wells

Rich Hill

Alex Gordon

Conor Jackson

Francisco Cordero

Jhonny Peralta

John Smoltz

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

My league is a 10-team Daily Head to Head, 6x6 with OPS and K/9 being the additional categories. In my draft, starting pitchers were extremely overvalued so I was forced to stock up on Outfield. We only have starting spots for 3 OF and a Util. Right now I have Grady Sizemore, Carlos Lee, Nick Markakis, Hideki Matsui, Matt Kemp, and Michael Bourn. I posted a message saying I was looking for an upgrade at SP and got this offer. What do you think? Thank you in advance. I'll list my whole roster below.

I get: Matt Cain and Erik Bedard
I give: Grady Sizemore and AJ Burnett

My Team:

Brian McCann - C
Lance Berkman - 1B
Robinson Cano - 2B
Alex Gordon - 3B
Hanley Ramirez - SS
Grady Sizemore - OF
Carlos Lee - OF
Nick Markakis - OF
Hideki Matsui - UTIL
Matt Kemp - OF
Michael Bourn - OF
Kevin Kouzmanoff - 3B
Fausto Carmona - SP
AJ Burnett - SP
Oliver Perez - SP
Javier Vazquez - SP
Shaun Marcum - SP
Takashi Saito - RP
Trevor Hoffman - RP
Joba Chamberlain - RP
Jeremy Accardo - RP
BJ Ryan - DL

ZZZ,

I wouldn't do that. Bedard is a huge injury risk and in Cain you will get someone who will probably help your ERA, but will hurt your W/L record solely because of the team he plays on. Sizemore is a 4 category stud and AJ is a solid starter as long as he remains healthy and is on pretty solid team

Here's one that has been offered to me.

I get: Corey Hart and Hank Blalock

I give: Eric Gagne

I also have the following closers:

Trevor Hoffman

Rafael Soriano

BJ Ryan

Brandon Lyon

To me it seems like a no brainer to take this.....thoughts?

I also could turn around and flip the following deal

I get:

Ben Sheets

Howie Kendrick

I give:

Johnny Cueto

Garrett Atkins

Here goes:

My team-

C Victor Martinez
1B Todd Helton/Kevin Youkilis
2B Howie Kendrick/Aaron Hill
3B Miguel Cabrera
SS Jimmy Rollins/Edgar Renteria
OF (4 starters) Lance Berkman/Torii Hunter/Hideki Matsui/Ken Griffey Jr./Josh Willingham
DL Curtis Granderson (OF)

SP James Shields/Brett Myers/Jered Weaver/Shawn Marcum/Randy Johnson/John Maine/Clay Bucholz
RP Francisco Rodriguez/Manuel Corpas/Brad Lidge
DL Scott Kazmir/John Lackey

Here's the trade:

I give:
OF Torii Hunter
SP Randy Johnson
RP Manuel Corpas

I get:
SP John Smoltz
RP JJ Putz

I think I'm getting the best of it, as Smoltz and Putz are obvious upgrades and I need pitching help. Also, Granderson comes off the DL this week and it'd be nice to make room for him. Am I giving up too much in Hunter? Thoughts?

I am not Shea Vucinich

I'd do that trade.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Yeah it looks like you need a pitching upgrade. Once Granderson comes back you won't even miss Torii.

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

I've got a question about yesterdays suspended Sox vs. O's game. They won't finish the game until June at the earliest (August at the latest). Will the stats be applied to the week that the game started or the week the game is completed? I picked up Quentin just to start for me yesterday and caught lightening in a bottle! I can drop him now and the stats will still stick with my team, right? BTW, this is an ESPN h2h league. Thanks!

GhostofQuantrill

I hate players who offer junk trade after junk trade...

After years of playing with these guys, I have a pretty good idea of who is worth talking to and who is impossible to deal with.

Today I was offered...

Bill Hall

Xavier Nady

Fukudome

for

Ryan Braun

Corey Hart

Eric Gagne

I mean, honestly!?!

I wouldn't pick Hall or Nady up of of waivers. (The league isn't that deep)

I need some fantasy baseball help. I m in a yahoo league. I have some one always asking for trades with me. He wants to trade Adrian Gonzalez to me for some reason. Finally I told him hey you need pitching I need some hitters.

One of the last trades was:

I would get AJ Bunett(and his wonderful ERA)

Jose Lopez

Adrian Gonzalez

He would get Russ Marin

Ryan Theriot

Ian Snell

So I Countered I would get Carl Crawford

Kerry Wood

He would get : Jose Velvarde

Ben Sheets

Russ Martin

He countered almost the same exact trade except he took out Crawford & put in Granderson.

My team

C Soto

C Martin

1b/ss C Guillen

2b Hill

1B/3b Gordon

ss Steven Drew

ss/2b Ryan Theriot

of Carlos Beltran

of Corey Hart

of Lastings Milldege

3b M Reynolds

Util M DeRosa

P Santana

P Webb

P Sheets

P Snell

P Gallardo

P Burhle

P M Rivera

P Gagne

P Velvarde

DL Glavine

Im thinking about this because I believe I have enough pitch depth, a decent catcher left. I would upgrade my outfield over Milledge & I think Wood is a upgrade over Valverde. What do you think?

I'd try and sell high on Soto and keep Martin. I'm a Martin owner so I am a bit biased but he is hitting really well right now and can offer some SBs---a rarity in the catching world. If you can get him to take Soto instead, I'd do that deal in a second as your pitching depth is indeed deep and Granderson is a huge upgrade. Heck even if you have to give up Martin it's probably still a good deal for you.

I also need some advice. Should I just drop Smoltz? He no doubt will be a good closer and could return to the rotation later in the year, but I've already got Harden and Arod on the DL and Wood and Lyon to close for me. My pitchers are:

Bedard, Harang, Lincecum, Cueto, Greinke, Hamels, Danks, Adenhart (just picked him up and dropped the Big Unit) and then Harden and Smoltz on the DL. What do ya think?

GhostofQuantrill

Does anybody know if Jay Bruce is going to get called up soon by the Reds? I just missed out Scherzer through waivers and Bruce is available as a free agent. Thanks.

Archived