Brewer Fanatic

Official Fantasy Baseball Discussion Thread

BuckyTuba
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you don't want to have to set your lineup every day, why don't you make the setting weekly roster changes instead of daily? The problem I have had in a head-to-head league with daily settings is that some teams always drop and add a starting pitcher or two every day, thus racking up the wins and strikeouts. If you don't want to change your lineup every day, you most likely can't keep up. It's annoying. Not having bench spots won't keep that from happening. I don't mean to be critical, just that in my experience, if you want a true casual league, the weekly roster change setting really works good. You really only have to check your team once a week.

I never really have that problem in baseball leagues because it's actually difficult to do most of the time. Most teams should be good enough so they can't afford to drop someone every day. And even if that were to be the case, those are only two categories and you're not guaranteed a win every time out. Plus that could end up hurting era and whip in the end. We could just make an unwritten rule too where we say if someone is picking up guys every day to just get starts out of them, that there will be some kind of action taken. I just think that making roster changes to weekly for the sake of stopping something that could potentially happen and that probably won't have that big of an effect in the end would be a bad idea. Plus, people should have the opportunity to pick up players and have them play the next day if they want. I have been in other leagues where guys do that (mainly basketball because everything is based on numbers, not averages) but I've still wound up beating them and even winning the league. I think if you draft well enough and make your pickups, you should do fine. Plus this isn't for money so it shouldn't be taken that seriously.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Brewerfan keeper league needs 6 new managers...this is the 4th year we've operated this league and it has been very competetive and fun in the past

if you are interested, send me a pm or leave a message here...i can't stress enough that this is a very serious league...

If anyone in the Milwaukee area (or Oshkosh) is interested in doing a LIVE Auction draft, I am trying to put together a serious Auction League, the league will then be run by Yahoo and I will place all players on your roster manually. 12 teams $25.00 to get in. I am looking at a last-weekend-in-March draft date, possibly at Buffalo Wild Wings near Mayfair, or depending on where people are coming from, The BWW in Oshkosh. Right now I have 6-7 owners and we want 12 teams total. If you are interested PM me.

Again if anyone is interested in participating in an Auction league and drafting live in-person in the Milwaukee or Oshkosh area (a determination will be made later, once we have all the people), send me a PM. Entry fee is $25.00

from brewcrewman17:

"I have a league that has lackluster membership and I need 8 or 10 managers to fill it out. It's a pretty basic head-to-head league on Yahoo, here's the information, feel free to register a team if you feel so inclined: the league ID # is 5447 and the password is "caxy" (without the quotation marks obviously)"

I used to play "Baseball Manager" back in the old Prodigy days.

I liked it because it simulated games based on actual stats in an actual matchup, and didn't use things like wins or RBIs, or accumulate stats over a week -- you had to manage relievers and lefty/righty matchuos.

Did/does anyone play it?

Is Baseball Manager the one that used to have newspaper articles for your team? If so, I used to play and I have to say, it was probably the coolest fantasy stuff I've ever done. But I think they started to make you pay and I stopped doing it. That must've been like 8 years ago.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

I was doing some research on Baseball Manager last night cuz I'd like to get back into it. I used to a few lightning seasons (54 games) because they were free but then they started charging even for those. I would love to do it again but i think it's almost $100 for a basic league with essentially no award for winning. I think they said that the overall winner (or possibly top 3) will receive a plasma tv but that's overall winner of every single person who plays (not just your league). That would be like being the best player on yahoo out of all the yahoo public leagues. Obviously there are a lot less who play Baseball Manager but there is still a large amount and the chances of actually winning are slim. It sucks that you have to pay because I bet there are a lot of people who love something like this. I bet it could rival yahoo's fantasy if it were free. They should go back to offering lightning seasons for free so people can get a feel of how it works and if they like it. They should also change it then so that the winners of each league get money back. I really want to do it again but I don't have the money to spend.

Well, we are close to booting out an owner as he has not shown up for his last two picks.

What we are going is this. We have a ten team leauge, head to head (6x6), and we are in the second year of the league. The roster so far (we are in the middle of the draft) is...

The K's mean they were kept this year (5 per year) and they can only be kept for three years.

C-V. Marinez-K
1B-Berkmann-K
2B-Ian Kinsler
SS- R. Furcal
OF-Ichiro-K
OF-H. Pence
UTIL-T. Hafner

SP-Haren-K
SP-J. Santana-K

Now here is the deal. We are having a slow message board draft which means each pick needs to be made in a four hour time frame (or earlier). This means you need to be committed to the draft and just pop in for a couple seconds here or there to check if you are up. The draft time runs during thr week from 8-5 but picks can be made off the clock. I'll be honest in the fact that this type of draft is a commitment and it weeds out those who really aren't interested.

I will await your PM if interested but we are giving this manager one more chance before the hammer gets laid down.

I'm looking for extra people in my yahoo head-to-head league. It's laid back and free with a prize for first place. There's a live draft this Sunday (March 9) at 6:30 PM CST. The League is #66381 with the password g4tn3r

Archived