Brewer Fanatic

Gallardo: torn cartilage, surgery, out 4 weeks (Latest: Conflicting March 10th reports... what to believe? See reply #98)

Weeks4MVP
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably TLB. Sometimes you won't notice a partial weakness/tear until you just happen to land on it slightly wrong and it becomes an issue.

I guess I'm not too concerned as long it's only a few early season starts. The bonus hopefully is his arm will have a bit more "juice" in it toward the end of the season.

endaround wrote:

The one thing this does do is it makes it easier to option either Bush or Capuano when Yo comes back getting another service year.

I don't think we can option those guys without sending them through waivers. It was posted a while back that there is some rule about guys with 3 years service.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I am guessing he meant Linebrink like except in reverse.

I dont think we could get a average prospect and two potetntial sleepers for Vargas. Would be great though.

With them catching the knee injury right away it should not hurt the team for an extended period, Yo has no breakdowns during rehab.

ok blazer, just say getting warmer or getting colder--

riding a skateboard being pulled by a car

flying in a mountain wingsuit

trying out for the x-games

washing ned yost's car

hauling equipment for my band

playing guitar hero with his feet

too funny--him and zambrano. there is a new one out now called 'rock band' where it combines guitar hero with electronic drums, bass , and vocals. same format as guitar hero but with 4people. they are actually having competitions with this in california.

this better stay out of MLB clubhouses or the whole team may end up on the DL.

Yea, Melvin sort of amended that length from one article to the next. One was 3-4 weeks, another was 2-3. In any event, I think they're going to start him on the DL so he can get up to speed once he's healthy enough to work out/throw/pitch.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Team Canada wrote:

They found out about it now because it happened now. He hurt it and the knee swelled up that day. It wasn't a "condition", just something that happened while practicing.

My knees aren't even close to Major League baseball player caliber knees, and I could stand on a mound after months of inactivity, throw heaters and not tear cartilage in my knees requiring surgery. (though i'd probably blow out my shoulder after a while). I'm not trying to stir the pot I'm just wondering.

I guess my point was that (not taking into account Blazer's allegation) he probably would have had swelling prior to that day if something was really messed up, but maybe not.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I think he was on his knees begging for coins in Cathedral Square.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

This could be good in the grander scheme of things. Now we get to showcase another pitcher in hopes of trading him, while limiting Yo's innings. Unfortunately, Yo is my fave player, which kind of sucks all optimism regarding the injury from my psyche.

ILuvDaBush wrote:

Now we get to showcase another pitcher in hopes of trading him, while limiting Yo's innings.

I am still wondering why we would need to limit his innings. Increasing his innings by 30 over last year would put him at 218 innings max. a 30% increase would put him at 244 innings. I think even with the playoffs he wouldn't go over 244 innings.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

ILuvDaBush wrote:

Now we get to showcase another pitcher in hopes of trading him, while limiting Yo's innings.

I am still wondering why we would need to limit his innings. Increasing his innings by 30 over last year would put him at 218 innings max. a 30% increase would put him at 244 innings. I think even with the playoffs he wouldn't go over 244 innings.

thats old school. it's interesting to go back 15 years or more and see how many pitchers went 250-300 innings or more for many consectutive years in a row with no arm problems. look at stats for nolan ryan, seaver jenkins, early clemens, carlton, etc.

you'd think with all the trainers, exercise, medical, drugs, that todays pitchers would be a whole lot more durable.far from it.

i'd love to hear some reasons why pitchers today pitch fewer innings and are more fragile. crazy (train).

Archived