Brewer Fanatic

Parking prices increase (esp. for Opening Day)

owbc
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like to park in the preferred parking lots because I HATE the walk to the other parking lots and its very easy to get out of the parking lot after the game. If the prices do continue to go up, I won't be able to park preferred anymore. Price of the ticket, price of parking, some food along they way, time, and the big kicker is gas won't allow me to. Tickets for games and parking isn't very expensive for people that live close to milwaukee. But when you live over a hour and a half away, gas is the killer.

It is what it is, the demand is clearly there and people will pay it. Someone who goes to 10 games a year is only going to be paying $20 more for parking. That's not really going to be breaking the bank for anyone who is already going to 10 games I don't think. The reason for the increase is probably because the team is getting better, but because of that it's bringing more people out to the stadium and so parking is going to be more in demand. It goes hand in hand I would think.

If someone goes to 10 games a year, they should just get a 9-Pack. The price for parking hasn't gone up for that. We paid $100 for preferred parking last year, and that's what we're paying this year. That comes out to $10 a game, and that includes opening day.

jason21nl wrote:

But when you live over a hour and a half away, gas is the killer.

I hear that. Wait till you have to take 1 or 2 kids with you as well. Then you double and triple your ticket cost.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

jason21nl wrote:

But when you live over a hour and a half away, gas is the killer.

I hear that. Wait till you have to take 1 or 2 kids with you as well. Then you double and triple your ticket cost.

Yeah, then you probably cut down on the games you attend a year. I go to 10-20 a year, I don't think I could do that if I had kids.

I doubt having to pay 7 dollars more is going to stop anyone from going to just tailgate and not go to the game during opening day.

I'll be fine with the increase if... they put more porta johns in the parking lots. 45mins in line last year gets very very old.

That is why they have trees my friend... that is why they have trees.

I know of at least 8 different guys who got tickets last year from doing just that... so, be careful.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Honestly, complaining about parking prices is pretty funny to me.

Try parking at other stadiums. Do you know how much you are going to pay in Boston and New York?

Not to mention, it is very possible to park for free and still attend a game at Miller Park.

The Brewers are still very affordable entertainment - and a great bang for your buck.

Honestly, complaining about parking prices is pretty funny to me.

Try parking at other stadiums. Do you know how much you are going to pay in Boston and New York?

i'm surprised it took this long for someone to mention other places parking. We aren't NY or Boston so comparing the parking for the Brewers and those other two cities doesn't make much sense to me.

"I can't believe this. We sitting here talking about parking. Not the GAME....not how obscenely inexpensive it is to attend the GAME. We talking about parking."

http://bp3.blogger.com/_lqd--I1h1qY/RyUPU_0hvSI/AAAAAAAAAAU/6cBKTspaJzc/S220/ThumbnailServer2.jpg

i'm surprised it took this long for someone to mention other places parking. We aren't NY or Boston so comparing the parking for the Brewers and those other two cities doesn't make much sense to me.
Ok, fair enough.

How much do you pay to park at a Bucks game? It has to be between $15 - $25 right?

How about Marquette?

I know I've seen The Rave parking lot charging $25.

I paid $20 to park for a Wave game once.

I do believe those are all still Milwaukee - are they not? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I haven't been to a Bucks game in a couple years, but I think I paid $12 and walked a few blocks. Never been to a badgers bball or football game, same with a Marquette game. I used to pay $20 for a Packers game until I found a street to park on for free. I don't mind the prices right now, thats why I said if they continue to go up its going to suck for me. I get what you're saying though. I guess, for parking at other places, there are less games per year so they have to charge more. There are 81 home baseball games so I would think they could charge less. I don't know how that works though.

Parking for the Bucks should be free including the ticket.

Don't get me wrong, I was all for the stadium tax because I want MLB in the city, but again, this isn't a business we're talking about. The goal of a business is to maximize profits and expand, the goal of a sports franchise is, or should be, to win.

It's a business that received a subsidy with no strings attached. Mark A and company will continue to do what they think will maximize their profits. Luckily for us fans, that usually involves improving their product by being as successful on the field as possible.

How much do you pay to park at a Bucks game? It has to be between $15 - $25 right?

How about Marquette?

I know I've seen The Rave parking lot charging $25.

I paid $20 to park for a Wave game once.

I do believe those are all still Milwaukee - are they not

All of those places are in downtown Milwaukee where parking is in high demand, and none of those places have hundreds of acres of land given to them to provide parking. Also, if you paid $20 to park at a Wave game, I'm guessing there was either another special event going on down there at the same time, or you were really really desperate.

If you look at it as a regular subsidy, then you have to admit it is far and away the largest subsidy in the history of the state. I'm sorry, I just don't consider the Brewers a business the same way I would consider Miller Brewing or Harley Davidson a business.

All of those places are in downtown Milwaukee where parking is in high demand, and none of those places have hundreds of acres of land given to them to provide parking.

That is exactly the point!

Thanks the increased interested in the Brewers, parking is in demand. They raised prices to actually drive some people out of the lots (or at least encourage car pooling).

If more people want your product than you have to offer - raise the price. Like I said, Brewers games offer lot of opportunities to not pay for parking. I think pretty much every bar on Bluemound has a shuttle. Not to mention, it really isn't too far of a walk from Bluemound and Wisconsin.

The Brewers are a for profit corporation and as such they follow the law of supply and demand which says you can charge whatever the market will bear . If there are enough people who will buy a 9 game pack to get opening day than they should try to market it that way. If they can fill there lot on opening day at $20 a pop then why not? This is the price we pay for winning. If they start losing again I'm sure the market won't allow them to do these things any more.

I'm definitely glad my sister and I bought the parking passes with our 10 pack, though.

Like someone else said, the parking prices are still nowhere close to what they are in other cities...of course, in most other cities, the stadium is located near downtown locations, but still...

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I thought someone said that the increases were from Imperial Parking and not the club. I'm sure the Club takes a % of their take, but to say they want a 80% increase over last year I think is stretching it.

I'm fine with the increase if they provide more porta-johns. These 4 portas for 800 spaces in the Giants lot doesn't cut it!

totally agree with you sgtcluels, the port-a-john situation in general parking is an absolute joke. it won't deter me from going to games but it is definetly something that I would like to see changed. then I could stop turning around to see someone peeing in the parking lot that I have to walk through
Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

Archived