Brewer Fanatic

Parking prices increase (esp. for Opening Day)

owbc
Community Moderator

LINK

For Opening Day:

General: $15

Preferred: $25

For weekend games:

General: $10

Preferred: $18

Buying parking in advance and weekday rates remain the same.

Although I don't like price increases, the high payroll sort of demands it. Just another reason to buy season tickets and get the passes in advance.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am getting a little tired of the way they keep messing with opening day. Tickets are next to impossible to come by, and thats intentional so they can sell their 9 and 20 game packs. Now they are almost doubling parking prices for that one game....give me a break. This is a team thats had one winning season in the last 15 years, and they are acting like they're the Yankees or Red Sox. They are taking advantage of their fans to suck more money out of us.

I am getting a little tired of the way they keep messing with opening day. Tickets are next to impossible to come by, and thats intentional so they can sell their 9 and 20 game packs. Now they are almost doubling parking prices for that one game....give me a break. This is a team thats had one winning season in the last 15 years, and they are acting like they're the Yankees or Red Sox. They are taking advantage of their fans to suck more money out of us.

The Brewers aren't forcing anyone to go to Opening Day. There's a high demand for everything, including parking on Opening Day and usually sold out weekend nights. Why wouldn't they charge more if they know people will be willing to pay for it?

I am not happy about this either, but I don't think the high payroll has anything to do with it. Prices are pretty much dictated by demand and not costs. They will definitely lose a few customers on opening day, but their overall total profits will probably go up.

lose a few customers on opening day

The game and the parking lot will both be sold out...how will they lose customers?

And the drunks who take a parking space from someone attending the game can sit home and drive their neighbors crazy with their drinking issues.

You can buy your parking in advance. At least you could last year. I always bought parking in advance. Do that, bring your own food and drink, and you don't have to carry money to the game at all.

Edit: Their charges for ordering over the phone and internet are getting high as well. I think they charged $2-$3 extra for buying parking online or over the phone.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

The Brewers aren't forcing anyone to go to Opening Day. There's a high demand for everything, including parking on Opening Day and usually sold out weekend nights. Why wouldn't they charge more if they know people will be willing to pay for it?

They aren't forcing you to go to opening day, no, but they are basically saying if you want to go you have to buy tickets to 8 more games. Like I said, for a team that got a tax increase to build a stadium, and a team that has had one winning year in the last 15, they are really taking advantage of the fans. They raise prices for cubs games, they've raised tickets prices, and parking prices, pretty much every year. I don't know, you'd think for one year they could take it easy on price increases.

Even when we were horrible, Opening Day was pretty packed. It was the one game the casual fan actually wanted to go to. Don't blame them in the least.

As we continue to do well, prices will go up. I have buddies who are die hard Cleveland fans and, when they started to do well, seats and parking went up. Call it the bandwagon effect. The disposable income crowd, which tends to follow the "hot" item of the moment, come out of the woodowrk for winning teams. Go look at the NHL Wings; 8 years ago you had to sell a kidney to get in, now they are lucky to pack the place.

And if you think we are the Yankees or Red Sox, well, go take a look at the "face" value of their tickets. That and neither stadium has much in the way of parking. We are one of the few major league ballparks to have an NFL-like parking field (Chavez Ravine being the other one that comes to mind).

I'm mildly disappointed that there is apparently no discount this year for buying general parking in advance. It was nice to pay $7 by buying in advance last year.

And wow, the opening day general parking costs more than our seats! That's more of a commentary on the price of terrace box than the Brewers' cashing in on the popularity of the event.

I wonder how long it will be before people start buying parking packages specifically to resell.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Have to agree with TheBwaz. Supply and demand my man. I am probably going to start shifting games I go to weekday games just so I can go. Unfortunately that means taking days off of work just to get to games.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Like any other business, if you don't like their product for the price they are offering it, don't buy it. While I'd obviously prefer the prices stay low, I'm not going to try and villanize a company for trying to maximize profits. The product they are offering continues to gain value and we all know it.

Yeah, you really can't complain unless you cannot buy your parking in advance by phone or internet, and I'm pretty sure you can.

this should hopefully help/solve the complaints about the number of cars in the lots for the opener. cram as many people as you can in each vehicle is my plan.

as for $10 for general parking, it is fairly normal compared to prices for parking at other pro sporting events. just more reason for me to take the shuttle from a bluemound bar.

I doubt having to pay 7 dollars more is going to stop anyone from going to just tailgate and not go to the game during opening day.

I'll be fine with the increase if... they put more porta johns in the parking lots. 45mins in line last year gets very very old.

I doubt having to pay 7 dollars more is going to stop anyone from going to just tailgate and not go to the game during opening day.

I'll be fine with the increase if... they put more porta johns in the parking lots. 45mins in line last year gets very very old.

That is why they have trees my friend... that is why they have trees.

Who's forcing the increase? Is it the Club or Imperial Parking who manage the lot? I mean a 7 dollar a car increase for Giants lot is what.. a 85% increase from last year? Kind of lame...

When I bought my nine pack in January our ticket rep told us about the increase, which is not the Brewers call, the Parking service raised the rates. For $100 over opening day and 9 weekend games, buying that pass was a great deal.

The best play before games is to park near Bluemound anyway and take the bar shuttles in. Get dropped off right in front of the stadium, use parking money on dollar egg rolls and other food plus cheap pitchers at Long Wong's, and not deal with any traffic whatsoever? It's a no brainer.

Gee, charging more for something in high demand. How dare they?

as long as you can get them for 8 bucks in advance, i don't see the big deal. just get a pass when you buy your tickets. weekend games sell out anyway these days so you have to get your tickets early. plus unless you get there early, the lots have been actually filling up so buying them in advance ensures you get a pass.

Gee, charging more for something in high demand. How dare they?

Thanks for the meaningful addition to the thread.

I'll continue to play devil's advocate. This isn't a regular old business we are talking about. Like I said....they were given a stadium at a location of their choice, basically for free, despite the fact that they had a completely terrible team for over a decade. They still haven't fielded much of a team...despite the fact that things are looking up, the best they've done is 15 years, 5 of which were in a brand new state of the art stadium, is what...4 games over .500? Don't get me wrong, I was all for the stadium tax because I want MLB in the city, but again, this isn't a business we're talking about. The goal of a business is to maximize profits and expand, the goal of a sports franchise is, or should be, to win. If you tell me raising parking prices $2 every year is really going to help them win 15 more games, then I'd be all for it. But when they've been given everything by the city, county, and state, it's not right to raise prices just because you can.

Archived