Brewer Fanatic

Looking for Jenkins Farewell Paper and Brewers Poster Giveaway...

razzzorsharp

No luck today.

The card show I attended was missing about 50% of the regular vendors. Many of them did not try to make the trip into town with the roads as terrible as they were. So, no I was not able to find anymore today. Sorry. I really thought I'd be able to help out.

20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

I try to go the the gonzaga hall show as many times a year as possible. Of the remaining shows in the area, I think it's one of the best. The vendors are all pretty good and the live auction is usually fun. Some months are better than others. This past weekend was kind of so/so. Many of the vendors were no shows (I'd guess do to the weather). There are times when I come home loaded with stuff, other times I return with very little.

The only items of note I got this weekend were in the auction. A small lot of autographed 8x10's (all inscribed 1982 World Series). Nice, but given the weather I'm not sure worth the trip.

The gonzaga hall show is held monthly. It's in West Allis a block south of 92nd and Greenfield.

For the Gonzaga Hall show, is there an admission fee? I used to go when I was younger and a lot of the shows were charging. I'd like to go, but I'm pretty cheap, lol. Do you sell a lot of signed 8x10's? I have quite the collection that I'm always looking to add to.

20fry have you ever seen the Batman and Robin poster at one of those shows?

No I have not. I would have been all over it if I had. The poster is one of the things I get asked about the most too.

Paul Molitor was in town this past weekend and I actually had a brief conversation with him about the poster. He told me he was (quote) "just talking about it" with someone. He said it was a controversial poster at the time and that you just don't see many of them around. He asked where I got mine from and how much I paid for it. I told him it was a gift, but that the going rate for an unsigned poster was in the $125 range. He smiled, signed it and said "lot of money".

20fry have you ever seen the Batman and Robin poster at one of those shows?

No I have not. I would have been all over it if I had. The poster is one of the things I get asked about the most too.

Paul Molitor was in town this past weekend and I actually had a brief conversation with him about the poster. He told me he was (quote) "just talking about it" with someone. He said it was a controversial poster at the time and that you just don't see many of them around. He asked where I got mine from and how much I paid for it. I told him it was a gift, but that the going rate for an unsigned poster was in the $125 range. He smiled, signed it and said "lot of money".

That is a great story.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

• 4 weeks later...

Archived