Brewer Fanatic

Bonds Failed Steroid Test In 2001 - Latest: Apparently He Did Fail More than Once...

don1481

For Barry Bonds these days, any opportunity to steal a headline from Roger Clemens is one he can't pass up... right, Barry? Even this one?

Bonds Failed Steroid Test in 2001 - "Whoops, my bad. That was a 'typo.'"

Take THAT, Roger Clemens!

EDIT:

My favorite part:

U.S. attorney spokesman Josh Eaton now says that the reference in Thursday's government court filing regarding Bonds testing positive was actually referring to a November 2000 test that was previously disclosed in the indictment of Bonds and had already been reported.
So... it would seem that Barry *did* test positive. Just a year earlier than originally stated, I guess.

So is Barry going to go Pujols on ESPN now for the misleading initial report...?

Better yet - is Barry going to go Pujols on me for "misleading" Brewerfan.net...?

Wow! This has to be the proof everyone wanted. I can't see how he is not charged now. Bonds and Clemens are both slowly going down the drain, its sad to think that perhaps the best hitter and pitcher of our generations are both hug cheaters. And that they didn't need to be since they both had natural talent to be HOF players.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Bud even admitted that players were given advance notice before testing, so his system must have been so chock full of this crap that he still couldn't flush it out in time.

Throw the book at him...and Clemens.

"So if this fruit's a Brewer's fan, his ass gotta be from Wisconsin...(or Chicago)."

Bud even admitted that players were given advance notice before testing, so his system must have been so chock full of this crap that he still couldn't flush it out in time.

Throw the book at him...and Clemens.

Do you think they should throw the book at Bud too? I mean it seems like the writing is on the wall that he looked the other way even for those who gave him a break in the past on the subject.

Who was testing him in 2001??

BALCO. They wanted to make sure The Clear lived up to its name. Apparently... it did not.

I wonder how Barry's going to spin this one...

"Uhh... that wasn't my test; it was my wife's! They all just misremembered!"

It is good to back to posting consistently after a long off-season.

I just have gotten to the point that this does not matter to me much anymore. We all know Bonds is guilty and half of baseball was as well around 2001. I don't want him to go to jail or be found guilty. I would rather see him go away like Mark McGuire.

I believe Barry Bonds has also tested negative for positivity.
Are you positive about that?

Umm...wait, no...that was a typo.

On a serious note, though, when did MLB start testing for steroids? Why is John Rocker coming out and saying he testing positive in 2000 and now some MLB player named Barry B. tested positive later? I thought it was 2003 when they started testing? This is strange.

• 2 weeks later...
He's done. Why would anyone touch him right now? He can claim that there is collusion all he wants, but if I'm an owner right now, I don't care if he hit 70 HR last season, the PR nightmare, plus the legal drama surrounding him wouldn't be worth it. Why do you think Clemens left Astros camp? No one wants to be around either Bonds or Clemens right now. They're nuclear.

Archived