Brewer Fanatic

What players do you dislike?

Quote:
So, basically you hate anyone that doesn't hit a ton of HRs or put up monster stats. If they are not big HR hitters or putting up monster stats then they must not be helping the team that much and therefore we should hate them. I can understand guys like Eck not being on the most liked list, but to be hated? I don't get it?

That's not what I said. I generally don't dislike bad players just for being bad...I just don't like it when bad players are perceived to be good. I guess I'm saying that Eckstein is horribly overrated. I suppose thats not his fault, but it doesn't help that he looks like an obnoxious hyperactive little kid on the field, and that he plays for a division rival.

FWIW, I do realize that I have some odd reasons for hating players. For example, I hate Craig Biggio because his batting helmet looks like its way too big for him.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gary Sheffield admitted to booting balls so that he would get traded from the Brewers. In some respects, that is more damning than his having taken steroids, since those actions at least try to enhance performance. But Sheffield admitted, rather haphazardly, to outright sabotage. Never has he repented and yet he's bound for the Hall of Fame, and that's forgetting the thousands of sins against the game he's committed since then (along with crazy good numbers, but I think the Hall deserves better).

On a related note, I would bet good money he wears a Cubs uniform before he's through.

Since we're spared his antics, though, hatred, I mean, a strong dislike, for Zambrano seems particularly healthy. I especially like the way Uecker's whole fare-thee-well tone changes to as close to scorn as he can get when Zambrano's on the mound. "Not jumping around so much now, is he folks?" after a home run, is my favorite.

Gary Sheffield admitted to booting balls so that he would get traded from the Brewers.

This morning on the Mike North radio show in Chicago, the host rhetorically wondered whether Sheffield has ever been asked by any reporter about this. I can't remember anyone ever challenging Sheffield on his admission that he purposely threw balls in the stands to get out of Milwaukee.

North said that this would be the first thing he would ask Sheffield if he ever got a chance to interview that jerk. I would love to hear Sheffield try to explain that one.

Sheffield is probably the most self-centered pile of garbage to play major league baseball in the past 50 years. He makes Barry Bonds seem like an ok guy by comparison. At least some of Bonds' teammates claim they like him. I've never heard any of Sheffield's teammates say a good word by him.

Archived