Brewer Fanatic

What players do you dislike?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No particular order, but these are the guys that I could never see myself rooting for:

- Carlos Zambrano

- Aramis Ramirez

- Barry Bonds

- Derek Jeter

- Roger Clemens

And other guys that just annoy me because of their tendencies to kill the Brewers:

- Jack Wilson

- David Eckstein

- Javier Valentin

- Juan Pierre

- Byung-Hyung Kim

- Jason Marquis (even before he became a Cub)

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I don't hate Ramirez (Aramis) as a person. I hate him as a baseball player, though. There isn't a guy I'd rather see up there less in baseball against us with the game on the line.

Sheffield -- This guy is about the biggest pile I've ever seen in the public eye, and no, not just in baseball. That's about all that needs to be said.

Sosa - Let's see. Plays himself off one of the real "good guys" in baseball throughout his big competition season with Big Mac.

Then he blows up on a reporter who suggests that if he publicly took a steroid test, it would be great for baseball.

Then one day, his bat shatters and cork sprays out onto the field.

His muscles were juiced, and God knows how many AB's he took his juiced bat up to the plate, all the while he was hypocritically potraying himself as one of the real good guys in the game. And yet some people still think of him as one of baseball's great role models. Really baffles me.

1. Carlos Zambrano

2. Aramis Ramirez

3. Alphonso Soriano

4. Derrek Lee

5. the other 21 with the C on their cap

I hate the Cubs.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Anyone with a sCrub jersey. There are too many to list here. Well, I guess only 25...

Bonds

Sheffield

Tony Gwynn Jr until he is traded

Chad Moeller

Jack Wilson

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Gary Sheffield

David Eckstein

David Ross

Boof Bonser

Neifi Perez

I can't hate Carlos Zambrano as much as I should, because its fun to watch him flip out, but I'd have to put everyone on the Cubs and Twins rosters down as honorable mentions.

Similar threads have come up like this before. It just always kills me how much people hate David Eckstein. Don't get that at all. He's one of those players that I can point to and say to my son..."See...that's how the game should be played". And please don't point out his OBP or OPS or anything like that. I don't care what they are, I'm talking about how he always hustles and plays hard.

Is it just because he usually plays well against the Brewers, or because D. Sutton had a mancrush on him or what? I don't get why people don't like him? I'd much rather watch a guy like him, or Rolen, or Weeks play than a guy who has to strike a pose everytime he hits a HR (and sometimes when he just hits it to the warning track...man, that annoys me).

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

The guys who strike a pose every time they hit a HR generally help a team win more than guys who hustle to 1B on every weak groundout. I get annoyed every time ESPN and All-Star fan ballots tell me how great Eckstein is...because he's not. He's just an infield version of Juan Pierre, and probably shouldn't be a starter on most teams.

Joe Sheehan. (yeah I know he's not a player!).

Obviously this guy is a Cubs fan and he hates the Brewers but I'm getting really tired of all his snips at the Brewers. In his latest article he called them the 2003 Royals, a .470 winning percentage team that had a hot streak.

Hello Joe, the Brewers have the 3rd best record in the NL over the past 30 games, the Cubs caught up because they are playing out of their minds, not because we are the 2003 Royals.

As for Jeter being better than ARod, I would say what I think of your opinion but this is a family site, lets just say I don't think I've seen anything posted here that I feel is more wrong than that.

5. ARod- He is a complete choker and Jeter is better.

That sounds like something a person on ESPN would say. A-Rod is an amazing player. All the talk about him being "unclutch" is pretty silly, in my opinion. Yeah, he leads MLB in homers, last I checked...he must just get them all when they don't count, I guess.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Quote:
The guys who strike a pose every time they hit a HR generally help a team win

So, basically you hate anyone that doesn't hit a ton of HRs or put up monster stats. If they are not big HR hitters or putting up monster stats then they must not be helping the team that much and therefore we should hate them. I can understand guys like Eck not being on the most liked list, but to be hated? I don't get it?

What about Scott Rolen? Last night I watched him hit a home run, and in typical Scott Rolen fashion he dropped the bat but his head down and circled the bases without a "home-run trot".

Sorry for ranting...I know I'm kind of getting away from the subject of the thread. It just bothers me in a level beyond anything having to do with baseball that so many people don't like a hard working player like David Eckstein. It boggles my mind. I was brought up to appreciate people who played like that or worked in any profession like that. Probably more a discussion for the off-topic board.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

It just bothers me in a level beyond anything having to do with baseball that so many people don't like a hard working player like David Eckstein.

With Eckstein, I don't think it's Eckstein himself that bugs people so much but rather the over-the-top media love-fest regarding his "hustle" and "heart" that we've been subjected to pretty much non-stop since the Angels won the WS in 2002.

Archived