Brewer Fanatic

Braun donates ROY bonus to Habitat for Humanity

patrickgpe

further proof that Braun is a good guy, i just wish the brewers or braun didn't have to release a press release after it was done.

I see what you're saying, but I don't think it was released to say how good of a guy Braun is. I think it's important for this information released because it brings more press to Habitat for Humanity and hopefully brings more awareness of their organization.

This so sooooo cool. One of my favorite charities. I've seen first hand how it can change people's lives, and one of my proudest moments of my life is when my own son volunteered on two projects. I know that Braun's family have to be equally proud. Well done sir!

Incase you havent noticed theres scandal going on everywhere in sports!

Between the Patriots spygate, Kelvin Sanctions at Indiana, and everyone including their wifes roiding up in baseball its refreshing to hear something like this http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/tongue.gif

@WiscoSportsNut

nice job ryan braun. i'm sure alot of well paid atheletes do charitable things like this--great to see. perhaps this is the offset to the greed in the game. newsflash today---------c.c. sabathia cuts off talks on 4 year $68 mil extension from indians.

That's amazing, especially since Braun doesn't have a huge salary (390K) compared to the players making millions a year. I don't think its a bad idea releasing the news, besides giving attention to Habitat for Humanity but it gives attention to the true good guys in sports. I don't think that stuff is given as much attention as it should, especially when all we hear about is the Clemens ordeal and Pacman Jones getting in trouble at another strip club.

Not only has Braun donated money to Habitat for Humanity he has also donated his time and energy taking part in one of their projects. He truly believes in this cause. That's pretty cool. He's not doing this to look good. He's doing this to help a cause he truly cares about.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I think a lot of pro athletes do stuff like this but they don't get the publicity that morons like Pacman Jones or Mike Vick get. Sporting News devotes an entire issue every year to 'good guys'.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=102932

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Not only has Braun donated money to Habitat for Humanity he has also donated his time and energy taking part in one of their projects. He truly believes in this cause. That's pretty cool. He's not doing this to look good. He's doing this to help a cause he truly cares about.

I love me some Ryan Braun! In a non-homosexual way, of course.

Archived