Brewer Fanatic

What happens to Cameron if......

RobDeer 45
What happens to Cameron if after 25 games someone has become a stand out and has a hot bat in the CF position? I really could see Gwyn doing this (but this is not the debate). It could be any of our guys including maybe Hart in CF and someone doing well in right. I know you can never have too much depth but it's hard to sit down a good player playing well. Your thoughts?

Start Cameron regardless. Streaks have been shown to have little to no carry over effect for future performance.

If at the All-Star break Dillon has been hammering for the entire half season and Cameron has been flailing, then maybe that would warrant a change. (hart to cf, dillon to right of course)

I don't expect Gwynn to play fulltime so I doubt he can earn the job, especially since his only skill is stealing bases. Gross is a bit more likely since he has some power and good BB's but at best I think he can buy himself extra playtime as the 4th OF, not a full time job.

I would be very surprised if Gwynn gets more than a handful of starts in CF. I think that Kapler, unless he completly sucks which is a posibility, will be the RH portion of a platoon with Gross in CF until Cameron is done with his suspension. I am not sure what will happen to Gwynn. I am not so sure if he is in their plans this year. They seem to be holding onto him as a 5th OF for the future right now. I know they like him quite a bit.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Then we just work out a platoon - Gwynn can play all over the OF and when facing right handed pitching would be a great guy to give Hart, Cameron, or Braun a day off. 25 games into the season is when days off might be beneficial.

Then we just work out a platoon - Gwynn can play all over the OF and when facing right handed pitching would be a great guy to give Hart, Cameron, or Braun a day off. 25 games into the season is when days off might be beneficial.

There's no way I'd take AB's from Braun or Hart and give them to Gwynn. Even Cameron, based on his career, is so much better than Gwynn.

If Gwynn starts out like he did last year, he could well have a BA of .320 and OBP of .400 or so by the time Cameron comes back. I started a thread on this topic a month or so ago.

Yes but I don't see him playing full time so that would be in like 15 games of PA's or like 60 or so. I just don't see them earning a full time job in that small amount of time.

Archived