Brewer Fanatic

Clone Wars

logan82

I am sure there are at least 2-3 people that still want more Star Wars movies. Only anime, bu I liked the Clone Wars stuff on cartoon network last time so I am very much looking forward to this as well.

http://tv.ign.com/articles/851/851375p1.html

Edit: Holy crap, they have 30 episodes so far at 30 min each.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I'd go with KOTOR being the best SW related item in the past 20 years. Of course I think the films get a bit of undue flack for not being the original trilogy. Sure they are cumbersome and Episode 2 is an outright mess, but they were are able to deliver, especially at the end.

Now if someone would hurry up and push through that rumored V TV series that has been rumored for several years I might start watching TV again.

KOTOR is a great game--so I've heard. It's still sitting in my box 'o games to play.

I really enjoyed the Clone Wars on Cartoon Network (although I have them in DVD form). I don't know about going to see them in a theater when I can wait to see them for free on TV. But 30 episodes (or more) is quite the haul for this SW fan. My brother is about 100 times more into Star Wars than I am so he'll probably pass out when he finds out.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I thought they were coming out with a tv show that was set sometime between episodes 3 and 4. Anyone know what I am talking about?
Yeah I have heard about that also. I even read something about it on ign.com somewhere. Live action TV show about the bounty hunters I believe.

http://tv.ign.com/articles/845/845437p1.html

http://tv.ign.com/articles/827/827926p1.html

I blame Wang.

• 1 month later...

More information on the Clone Wars cartoons. I am not sure if the guy who wrote this knows much about Star Wars.

"Also, any thing featuring Mace getting all medieval on Clone Troopers is almost fun to watch."

Unless I am mistaken Mace Windu was killed before the clone troopers turned on the jedi.

http://stars.ign.com/articles/861/861693p1.html

I blame Wang.

I thought episode 1 was pretty bad too. the 3rd one was ok, but not to the extent where I want to see it numerous times. I agree that the cartoon network shows were better than any of the recent movies so I'm hoping that is also true of these new cartoons.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I'm having a hard time getting excited about this. A prequel to the final chapter of a trilogy, which is itself a prequel. Prequels are ok in some aspects, but I, II, and III tell the story (bad as it is) without the need of *in-between* filler.

A story set either after RoTJ, or between the new trilogy and old would have a lot more draw, at least in my opinion.

And just to add on, II was awful, awful, awful. I didn't like III nearly as much as most. Grievous and Dooku were terrible bad guys (with really stupid names to boot), the transition from light to dark for Anakin could not have been executed any worse, and Darth Vader staggering around Frankenstein-ish screaming "NOOOOOOOOOOoooOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" over his lost love is probably the worst thing I've ever seen in a movie.

I really wanted to like Episode III, but at the end of the day, I couldn't honestly call it a good movie, or even a good Star Wars movie...mainly for reasons that RoCo already outlined. The whole segment where the troopers suddenly turn and start killing the Jedi just seemed over the top and stupid, to me.

I did think General Grievous was cool, though. Count Dooku was just really cliche...it didn't help that the same actor (sorry, I forget his name) had basically played the same character, but much more effectively, in the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

I agree that a prequel (cartoon or not) set between epidodes III and IV would be really nice.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I am a pretty big Star Wars fan, I have read a bunch of the books and recently got through all of the comics in the Clone War era. The comics are really good.

A few years ago I bought a collection of audio books off of Ebay, I have somewhere in the vicinity of 50 in MP3 format. It is mostly New Republic era stuff, but there is some Clone Wars stuff in their as well and I have really enjoyed those.

For I-III, I rank them III - II - I. I honestly don't know why people are so down on II. It's not a great movie, but I like it a lot more than Ep. I on the whole. Darth Maul alone gives Ep. I a huge boost, but it's nearly all cancelled out by Meesa Jar Jar Binks. I like that Ep. II is darker, and imo it sets the stage quite well for III.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I thought that live action series that Lucas is working on is supposed to be stories in-between Episodes III and IV, but maybe I'm mistaken.

I enjoyed the prequel movies for what they are. . . . movies. And, personally, the idea that the emperor put secret code into the stormtroopers to turn them from good guys to bad guys really helped explain things to me. I thought it was a good-to-brilliant idea. The rest of the film? It was okay. I suppose some of the complaints that Anakin changed to the dark side way too fast and easy was kind of hard to believe. But remember, he's "weak and full of anger".

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

The idea that Palpatine was who "fathered" Anakin was a nice bit of subtlety. Lucas certainly isn't known for being subtle, and that scene between Palpatine and Anakin might be my favorite in the entire saga.

II was a storytelling nightmare. Plot points were routinely missed or brought up well after the fact, the love story between Anakin and Padme was awful and the chemistry even worse, and much of the action throughout the film felt incredibly forced. Outside of the final 20 minutes II is a complete waste of a film.

The biggest problem with I was Jake Lloyd. Expecting a child to be a focal point and carry your film was a disasterous idea. The prequels would have flowed better if they used the same actor for Anakin throughout the entire trilogy and would have offered far better paralells to the original trilogy that Lucas so desperately wanted everyone to notice. But the podrace and the final battle are probably two of the better action sequences in the saga.

I thought that live action series that Lucas is working on is supposed to be stories in-between Episodes III and IV, but maybe I'm mistaken.
I believe you are correct. That series however isn't due until 2010 I believe.

I think the prequal would have been much better if it had come out first. It would have been much better not to know the basic ending before the end. Also would have been nice to not know Palapatine was the top bad guy 20 min into the first movie.

I blame Wang.

the love story between Anakin and Padme was awful and the chemistry even worse,

Awful isn't descriptive enough. The serial stalker-ish leers and whatnot that Hayden Christiansen were sending Natalie Portman's way were downright creepy, in a "He just might tie her up and throw her in the back of an unmarked van" type of way. I guess my other big problem with the "love story" was the sand people slaughter. I realize they're "savages" and all, but he makes no bones about killing them all, including the children. You'd think that would throw up some huge red flags, but no.

The biggest problem with I was Jake Lloyd. Expecting a child to be a focal point and carry your film was a disasterous idea.

Can't argue with that. He delivered his lines (and they were bad lines, I must add) with all the zing of a block of wood.

I guess to me, I loved Star Wars when I was a kid, and I still do. I watch it now and I realize it's pretty damn cheesy, but it's still a load of fun, mostly because it reminds me of probably the best parts of my childhood. This new trilogy was just a mess.....Lucas tried so hard to make it everything he thought the original trilogy wasn't, but he just doesn't seem to understand that people don't CARE that the effects and whatnot in the first one don't measure up to today's standards. He's got a lot of great sci-fi ideas, but his script writing is just a touch above awful. The acting performances in this trilogy were not very good, but to be fair, the stuff they had to work with was even worse. The plot holes were big enough to drive a Star Destroyer through, and I thought he tried WAY too hard to make references to the original trilogy. The coincidences that kept flying out left and right that these characters and families and robots would continually cross paths in a GALAXY were just way too forced for me to even suspend disbelief and just enjoy a movie, and that's pretty bad, because when it comes to the big screen, I'm usually pretty easy to please.

I think the prequal would have been much better if it had come out first. It would have been much better not to know the basic ending before the end. Also would have been nice to not know Palapatine was the top bad guy 20 min into the first movie.

It would have been better for the prequels, but not for the original trillogy. The absolute stunner at the end of ESB and the ohg you kissed your sister in RotJ would have been lost if you watch I-III first. That's why I think it would have been better if Padme had not named the kids, nor should we have found out where Leia was going. In fact, it might have been nice if Ben left the room with Luke and the doctorbots were surprised to find another kid coming out.

I think the main problem with Episodes I-III is that Lucas was infallible at that point. He didn't even direct V and VI. The directors and actors (especially Ford) made changes to the lines to make them more realistic. The constraints of the technology also forced Lucas to focus closer on the actors and it caused better interaction. When a character in Episode II is doing an scene by themselves in front of a giant green tarp it is hard for them to give a believable performance. When the actors in the Original Trillogy had to interact with each other and the props they each gave a little of themselves into the performance. Episode I-III is like a one-man act since only Lucas's voice and action were allowed.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

he makes no bones about killing them all, including the children. You'd think that would throw up some huge red flags, but no.

How did it not raise red flags?

-- "They're animals - and I slaughtered them like animals!"

That's one of my favorite scenes in the trilogy, personally. The way Williams crafts & builds the music there is brilliant.

One idea I have always thought about was Lucas could have done the prequels backwards. My idea for each movie.

III- Anakin fights in the Clone Wars, has the babies, becomes Darth Vader.(We all knew it was going to happen anyways, get it out of the way.)

II- Clone Wars, Anakin fights in the Clone Wars, we find out how the Clone Wars started, we learn that Anakin is carrying around tons of hatred and fear because of the death of his mother, which the details are intentionally kept secret from us. We do not find out how she died. Anakin relentlessly hunts the Sith with the help of Palpatine. We do not know why he is so crazy about hunting them.

I- Anakin as a teen, Obi and Qui-Gon find him. So we need a huge revelation or shocking twist for the final episode, here is one, Palpatine had Anakin's mother killed by a Sith, or Palpatine killed her himself. That is why he is so crazy about hunting the Sith.

he makes no bones about killing them all, including the children. You'd think that would throw up some huge red flags, but no.

How did it not raise red flags?

-- "They're animals - and I slaughtered them like animals!"

That's one of my favorite scenes in the trilogy, personally. The way Williams crafts & builds the music there is brilliant.

I'm talking about throwing up a red flag to Padmedalla. I don't care how in love with someone you are, I imagine one would think twice about marrying somebody who wantonly slaughtered a bunch of children.

I'm talking about throwing up a red flag to Padmedalla. I don't care how in love with someone you are, I imagine one would think twice about marrying somebody who wantonly slaughtered a bunch of children.

Ahh, gotcha. Btw, mega-bonus points for "Padmedalla" http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

That's right there with "Menchkins"

Archived