Brewer Fanatic

Lawn mower help

Kennyfelder
As the snow continues to fall, my thoughts turn to Spring Training and ...lawn mowers. I need to buy a new one. Any advice? I need a self propelled walk behind, nothing to fancy but want it to last. I was thinking a Craftsman and Sears has its blow out sale of 2007 models going on now.

I bought a Craftsman push mower and the carburator (sp?) died this fall after less than two full summers. The warranty is only one year, but I went to Sears to see what a fix would cost me. They have a flat fee of $130 to fix any lawnmower problem. I paid $140 for the mower. Needless to say I took it to some local guy who fixed it for $30.

I cant answer that but a little trick - The Easiest way to fix a lawnmower that wont start is to keep pulling it till you get it to kick(this is so that it will start on the next pull) and then to literally turn it upside down and pull her - she will start up, smoke like a banchee - let it go for abotu 10 seconds. Flip it back over and id bet 20 bucks that it starts working for you again.

I have been "repaired" 3 lawnmowers by doing this over the last year.

I guess some might say turn over. Its the sound that you hear when your starting a (working) lawnmower RIGHT before it starts.

My engine teminology is not really up to par but I can make a lawnmower run. You will know the sound when you hear it. Right about now I would LOVE to hear the sound of lawnmowers.

So you prime it up and try to get it to turn over right side up. Then once you get it to that point where it should start if it were working, or if you get it to run for a few seconds before dying out - turn it upside down and start it again. Its probably extremely dangerous in all honesty - God Forbid your blade be loose, but if the risk is worth 200+ bucks to you I can nearly promise it will work.

Archived