Brewer Fanatic

2/9 Episode (3-5:00 CT) Talkin' Brewers w/Jim Powell - Melvin, Kasper, Hall, Counsell

Mass Haas

Here's your lineup for the 3:00 PM Central show Saturday February 9th (listen live here) :

-- Doug Melvin taking your calls

-- Cub play-by-play man (and former Brewer broadcast employee) Len Kasper

-- Bill Hall

-- Manny Parra Craig Counsell

-- Open lines with your calls to wrap up

We may have our own archive, which would be available before the official Sports Bubbler archive, which was ready a day or two after the show last week.

Boy it really is a shame that the guys who come on after Powell are idiots.

A few of their quotes.

"The Cubs bullpen is filled with question marks." Okay you could make a case for that but right after they say that.

"Bob Howry has a high ERA."

"Aaron Harang and Bronson Arroyo is one of the best 1-2 punches in baseball."

"Yeah, Adam Dunn will get you 30-35 homeruns a year but he'll also strike out 150 times and the guy just does not get on base."

trwi7 wrote:

"Yeah, Adam Dunn will get you 30-35 homeruns a year but he'll also strike out 150 times and the guy just does not get on base."

Nice. Never mind his career .381 OBP. Those strikeouts really kill his OBP. Hard to find decent radio people I guess. Next thing you know they will be saying Dunn clogs the bases.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Can someone hopefully record this episode again? I won't be able to catch it live this week....and, who knows when TMJ will put up the podcast. We'd appreciate it if anyone can help out.
Within a couple of days last week SportsBubbler.com had it up as a podcast. Way cool as it pretty much eliminated all commercials!

Well if you want it now and with commercials, here you go.

Part 1

Part 2

It's not my doing though; recording it and redistributing it is probably something that's not allowed. But thanks to the vast wonders of the internet, I managed to locate an uploaded copy of it nonetheless. What a stroke of luck.

I didn't want to start another thread, but isn't tomorrow's episode on an hour later or something? I seem to remember that. Or am I confusing it with some other Saturday's show?

------------------------------------------

http://www.brewerfan.net/images/icons/lock.gifLocked and superseded by the February 16th Talkin' Brewers thread:

2/16 Talkin' Brewers with Jim Powell 4-6PM CT WTMJ

--1992casey

------------------------------------------

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived