Brewer Fanatic

Bar tickets for Opening Day

mtrebs

the brewers ticket office has got real good at alienating their loyal fans at the expense of the bandwagon over the past couple years.

I understand your frustration over the situation but I don't understand your criticism of the Brewers. How have the Brewers "terribly mismanaged their group tickets for opening day"? They are doing what they have to do; keeping as many opening day tickets available for as long as possible. It's in their best interest to do so. They are going to cater to their season ticket holders over group ticket buyers no matter what the relative loyalty factor is.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would camping out for opening day tickets be worth it? I only need about 10-12 tickets and wouldn't mind waiting in the cold for a few days to get tickets at face value. Will their be any tickets left by this time?

In the we have gotten tickets off ebay and paid something close to $65 a person for terrace reserved http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gifhttp://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

the brewers ticket office has got real good at alienating their loyal fans at the expense of the bandwagon over the past couple years.
I don't understand this comment. It seems as if the definition of a bandwagon fan would be someone who just wants to go to Opening Day to party and get drunk. The Brewers are taking care of their season ticket holders, which are the loyal fans. That's the way it should be.

If you want Opening Day tickets, pony up for a season ticket package. They're not that expensive. This year will be my 29th consecutive OD.

Would camping out for opening day tickets be worth it? I only need about 10-12 tickets and wouldn't mind waiting in the cold for a few days to get tickets at face value. Will their be any tickets left by this time?

In the we have gotten tickets off ebay and paid something close to $65 a person for terrace reserved http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gifhttp://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

I thought the only "public" Opening Day tickets being made available are either through the online lottery or attendance at the Arctic blast thing. I don't think they are being sold at ticket windows at all.

You may want to research this further, but that's what I seem to remember being said.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

I don't understand this comment. It seems as if the definition of a bandwagon fan would be someone who just wants to go to Opening Day to party and get drunk. The Brewers are taking care of their season ticket holders, which are the loyal fans. That's the way it should be.

If you want Opening Day tickets, pony up for a season ticket package. They're not that expensive. This year will be my 29th consecutive OD.

if you read my post, you would see that i am a season ticket holder. i have been since i moved back home from college in 2002.

i have also purchased group tickets (for the opener and other games) at least a dozen times since then also. that is where my thoughts of "alienation" are coming from. i feel used. it went from "sure we will sell you all these tickets when the team sucks...no problem". now it is "sorry...too bad"

i say they have mismanaged their tickets because they usually have this taken care of in december. it would be nice to know for sure what, if anything i will get. i can then tell people that they should attempt to get their own tickets.

they know how many tickets are allocated for each type of ticket (season, group, single game, etc). this is the only way they knew to stop offering the opener with the 9-packs. i was told that the same number of tickets for groups are available regardless of how many other tickets they sell. in the past, tickets for the opener have actually been available at the ticket office last minute because they dont sell the season packs set aside for.

on a personal level, i dont care since i will be there anyways, but i am just looking to help out my friends who have came to rely on me for the past 5+ years. some of these people are transplanted to mainly minnesota and one as far away as south carolina, so i really dont see them buying season tickets.

i understand their problem...demand is greater than supply, but you think they would have seen that coming and not waited until "possibly mid-march" to solve the problem.

the easy thing to do would be to not offer them my business, but i like the brewers too darn much to do that!!

From milwaukeebrewers.com:

Fans can also register through an online lottery at brewers.com for the opportunity to purchase up to four tickets to Opening Day. The lottery concludes on Thursday, Feb. 14 at noon. There will also be a limited number of Opening Day tickets (including Standing Room Only) available at the Brewers Arctic Tailgate at Miller Park on Saturday, Feb. 23 when individual game tickets go on sale. Each fan will be limited to a maximum of four tickets for Opening Day.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Brewguru2 wrote:

The Brewers are taking care of their season ticket holders, which are the loyal fans.

I take exception to this statement. A season ticket holder is no more than somebody who has enough time and money to afford season tickets. I am not saying that season ticket holders are not loyal fans, but that being a season ticket holder does not imply any kind of loyalty. There are many fans who are loyal and will never have season tickets because they have neither the time or means.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Burniebrewer I am talking about the arctic blast that's when I would camp out and get the tickets. I am just wondering If I should even bother with it though?

I was planning on getting to Miller Park early Wednesday morning or so. My friend would join me from Thursday on and we would both get 4 tickets so we can have 8 for our group it looks like we only will need 7-8 tickets now.

I'm losing hope that I'll be able to get Opening Day tickets thru a bar now. I guess I'll have to resort to eBay or stubhub.com in order to not miss out...unless someone here has extra tickets and wouldn't mind helping out a fellow brewerfan member. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Wow, almost 80 bucks for the Leff's package. I can drink a lot of beer, but that's getting up there. I want to say it was about 60 last year.

The seats are terrace reserved. They have to be fairly strict in carding, as they have this disclaimer posted twice on the website:

"The Leukemia Society Opening Day Tailgate Party

is a 21 and older event.

Please bring photo ID with you to the party."

I checked my credit card last year and it was $60, so it jumped up quite a bit. It's still worth it to me though since I can only make it to a couple games a year and don't want to miss out on Opening Day (since it's my favorite day of the year).

Anyway, last year our ticket from Leff's put us one or two sections away from Bernie's dugout...so the seats weren't that good. There were hundreds of people at Leff's tailgate party so I'd imagine that the tickets might be spread out.

They were very strict on carding everyone as they walked in.

$80 for what? beer and a crappy ticket? Then have to drive myself to the game? I'm not that desperate, so I'll let all those college morons waste their money at a place that isn't even that great to begin with.

Austin 5:29

Life never slows down, so always make it exciting #moveit

The thing about the tickets is they are marquee game tickets which means they have a face value of $20. That still means I have to pay $60 for beer and brats. I just decided to fill up the cooler and tailgate the old fashioned way again this year.

I wonder how many people bought the maximum allowed?

I also seem to think the amount they received was slashed from last year. The whole thing had a air of secrecy about it until they finally announced the sale time last night.

Archived