Brewer Fanatic

Brewers on DISH, DirecTV, Cable, Extra Innings, MLB.TV, etc.

BadgerFan

U.S. postal code "53188" is subject to blackout for the following MLB teams:

Chicago White Sox

Chicago Cubs

Milwaukee Brewers

This sucks...I live in Waukesha, and would really be only getting the package to keep up on division teams....which apparently won't be happening.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MJLiverock, there is no full time FSN-WI. With direcTV, if you get FSN-WI, you get FSN-North as well (641 and 642). FSN-WI is just an "alternate" to FSN-North. The only thing that FSN-WI is is games, pregames, and a handful (a very small handful) of other things. Watch all the poker and best damn sports show you want on 641, and at 7:05 pm, when the Twins come on on 641, switch to the Brewers on 642.

I travel a lot for my work and I have a questions about mlb tv on mlb.com. I see that the blackout depends on where you are and not where your credit card shows you are from. Therefore, if I am in Dallas, I will be able to watch a live Brewers game, so long as it is not against Houston.

I was wondering how this works if I access mlb.com tv from Europe. Will I be able to watch live Brewer games when I am working in the Netherlands? Will any blackout rules apply to me when I am in Europe?

Prince James, it depends on if the internet service provider you'll be going through blocks certain websites, particularly the mlb.tv site. If that is the case, it's helpful to learn about how to use proxy servers. Proxy servers essentially use a different IP address to relay information to your computer. I've used this to access American sites while in China. Because mlb.tv uses your IP address - and not your zip code or credit card information - to determine if games are blacked out, you could also be able to watch Brewer games while in the Milwaukee area - or anywhere else in the world. I've actually done this the past two years.

Archived