Brewer Fanatic

Brewers on DISH, DirecTV, Cable, Extra Innings, MLB.TV, etc.

BadgerFan

I changed from cable to Dish Network last fall in order to pick up the Big Ten network for football/basketball season. So far it's been great but I've noticed that the Fox Sports feed I get (I live in Milwaukee) looks like Fox Sports Minnesota. For anyone with Dish, are all Brewers games shown on FSN? Or does the FSN we get here show Twins games?

(edit: broadened thread title, added tag --1992)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fear not, you'll get Brewers games. On Dish, FSN-WI will show up only on the day of game. So if the game is on Tuesday night at 7, that's when FSN-WI will pop up. Not sure what channel though. I know that on Dishnet the channel changes from day to day.
20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

In the short term, mods should be probably be on the lookout for duplicates and maybe consider some locks or mergers. Ultimately, a designated thread is probably a good idea. We can watch the direction this thread takes.

Even better would be to have an unlocked FAQ that's open for questions and discussion, then possibly superseded by a better FAQ. It should probably cover DirecTV, DISH, cable companies, Extra Innings, sports packages, and mlb.tv.

The tough thing is striking a balance between the megathread and specific threads.

EDIT: I've changed the thread title to broaden its scope.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

This is what I found in a search of the Off Topic Forum. None of the threads are more than 2 pages. I remember there was at one point a thread several pages in length, but I didn't want to go back to far.

http://forum.brewerfan.net/viewtopic.php?t=10415

http://forum.brewerfan.net/viewtopic.php?t=10107

http://forum.brewerfan.net/viewtopic.php?t=10098

http://forum.brewerfan.net/viewtopic.php?t=9392

http://forum.brewerfan.net/viewtopic.php?t=9154

http://forum.brewerfan.net/viewtopic.php?t=9013

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Thanks, logan3825. You went back a long way... all the way back to October 26th. I checked the Off Topic cablesatellite tag. The longest thread in there is 41 posts, so the big thread is still out there if we need it.

Here's a thread I stashed in Issues last year so it wouldn't get pruned by ezBoard: Directv Screwed me (General Blackout Issues). It has this cool home territory map.

I added your threads to the cablesatellite tag, and I've added this thread and the current Brewers home games in HD, Fox Games to this forum's radiotv tag. The Screwed Me thread is tagged in Issues, too.

It'd be nice to do something to make it easier for members to get this information and have it easy to find. The reason I'm not automatically slapping a designated thread label on this is that a megathread with "all things tv" might be too cumbersome. I think in the short term, mods should probably just watch how things transpire, attempt to lock or merge accordingly, and try to organize things as we muddle along.

This is very rough and incomplete, is mostly off the top of my head rather than researched, and has next to no proofreading.

Input is appreciated, especially about MLB.TV.

Click on the "+".

If you live in the Bucks' market area, and you're not in an area where you're given some other regional sports network instead, the satellite providers include the Bucks just like they do the Brewers. They'll be on channel 642 on DirecTV and float around on DISH.

• 3 weeks later...

Simple question I hope- I live in Cedarburg, WI and I am thinking of getting the MLB Extra Innings package. Will the Cubs broadcasts on Comcast, WGN, or whatever ever be blacked out? After watching the Brewers or between the commercials it would be fun to check in on the competition of the rest of the teams in the division, specifically the north siders. Anyone from Milwaukee know the answer?

EDIT- I have Directv by the way.

Don't know if this is the help your looking for but I have Directv and I get Extra Innings every year. I can watch the Cubs stink it up on regular Comcast, WGN or the feed through the Extra Innings package. Same with the Crew as the game is being played you can watch it on regular FSN Wisconsin feed (ch. 642) or the feed through the Extra Innings package. But if your seriously gonna get Extra Innings, pony up for the SuperFan package. It makes it so much better. I hope I helped you out a little bit if at all.

Klements, you'll have no trouble getting Cubs and White Sox games on Extra Innings if you live in Cedarburg.

If you live in Racine, Kenosha, Walworth, or southern Waukesha Counties, the Chicago teams will be blacked out. Rock County may also be in the blackout area.

Thanks alot for the info. It looked like I was ok in Cedarburg from some of the maps I was reading. To me the whole point of getting Extra Innings is see the Cubs/Reds/Stros play but being close to Chicago, I was concerned we would get blacked out of some of the Comcast games, etc.

So what is this extra DirecTV "Super Fan" package about?

Just to get clarification on this, I live in the city of Waukesha...if I get the Extra Innings package, will I be able to watch the Cubs games or will they get blacked out?

Also, what does the Superfan offer that the regular package doesn't, and how much is it? Thanks.

Just so every different community doesn't get asked about, Milwaukee County and north is the Milwaukee market...
The rub is that Milwaukee and Waukesha Counties share the same southern boundary and that parts of southern Waukesha County are home to all three teams: the Brewers, Cubs, and White Sox. You can't simply work based on the latitude of the southern Milwaukee County line. I can tell you that the Eagle area is shared territory, for instance.

There's a zip code dealy-bopper on mlb.com that's a reliable indicator most of the time. Maybe someone can dig it up.

Short of that, because cable and satellite companies, along with MLB, are so unclear so often, anecdotal evidence is often the way to go.

I live in the northern suburbs of Chicago (about 10 miles south of Great America). I have DirectTv and I am very close to gettting the MLB Extra Innings. Has anyone had any good/bad experiences with this? I'm about 98% sure that I am going to order it - but I want to make sure there isnt anyone that would suggest I don't.

Also - if I order the package now - do they play Spring Training games at all?

mikevan, the ones who tend to feel ripped off by Extra Innings live in places like Iowa, Oklahoma, or Nevada. In other words, the customers who live in areas with a lot of home teams get less bang for their buck.

Your Extra Innings package would exclude the Cubs and White Sox. Those teams should be available to you anyway, so you should be fine.

But if your seriously gonna get Extra Innings, pony up for the SuperFan package. It makes it so much better.
could you actually tell me what is better about the Superfan? I think I checked it out once when it was a free trial and I wasn't that impressed. No "stats page" like the Sunday Snap channel on NFL Sunday Ticket. No "Bases loaded" channel that would be like the NFL Red Zone channel, bringing up key moments in a game.

Plus, I was never able to change the audio on the superfan channel. It was either background music or the audio for one game, no matter which one I selected.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Last year, I could access spring training games over the internet (because the flagship is only broadcasting about 6 spring training games).

I just noticed, do you actually have to PAY to listen to spring training games this year?

Thanks, Bud.

Archived